Parndon Mill, Essex ,UK

DenisS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Once milling the Barley that is grown locally, Parndon mill is now a craft and art centre on the River Stort near where I live. Photo taken 22/10/23
Parndon Mill 1600.JPG

Interesting.
Was the mill water powered?
I looked it up. Interesting. A few fires over the years

Very nice - great use of the reflections also.

Its a good stretch of the River Stort down to Hunsdon lock for photos...View attachment 269791
I think when the light improves I might have to head to the southern part of the county.
We do have the river Stour up here, but I don't remember long boats on the Stour - the lower reaches get yachts & even small ships, but on the non tidal part upstream of manningtree there's unlikely to be anything bigger than a rowing boat.

Last edited:
I think when the light improves I might have to head to the southern part of the county.
We do have the river Stour up here, but I don't remember long boats on the Stour - the lower reaches get yachts & even small ships, but on the non tidal part upstream of manningtree there's unlikely to be anything bigger than a rowing boat.
This is more the western edge of the county, the north bank of the river is Hertfordshire, the southern side is Essex..:pride:

This is more the western edge of the county, the north bank of the river is Hertfordshire, the southern side is Essex..:pride:
I guess so, but working in Harwich, just about all essex is west of me, and there's not much north of me either. The slither that is east of my work (the tendring peninsula) is familiar territory too.
There are some spots around Southend I could fit into a day trip.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back