r11.jpg

r9.jpg

r15.jpg

r16.jpg

r10.jpg

r12.jpg

http://saltywayz.com/album11

Is that still a Golf I?????

Would you not need to do more to it to save its body but give it a band-aid ;).

I used to have a Golf of that colour before I got my beamer... But mine has always been a Golf II. My sister had a Golf I years ago until someone rushed into her passenger's side (see, I am still going with the title of your thread here!!! ;)) and transformed it into a write-off. :( She never got herself a car again after that.

I like the movement shots --- who leaned out of the window for those??? Scary :shock:

Oh, and that strawberry truck is really nice. Would you consider giving the colours some boost in that one?

Yep, thats a Golf I or "Rabbit" as we called it in the USA.

I leaned out the window a little.. but for the most part I just held the camera down low and pushed the shutter with my thumb.. course I had it teathered around my wrist nice and tight!

While the "Beetle" always had that same name in Germany (in German, however, of course - Käfer), the Golf never acquiered a "pet name" and has always remained "the Golf", from the first version onwards. I never knew it was called "Rabbit" in the States. Interesting!

I took photos WHILE I was at the steering wheel myself (! erm.... cough-cough!), but when I had my second deer accident in May of this year, I stopped doing so, though that deer accident happened when I did not even have the camera on board.

The results are interesting, but it is nothing that I would recommend anyone to do!!!

Haha. The title.. Reminds me of my this story my dad had when he was young and him and his brother worked at a garage. They told all the old ladies their car needed a new muffler bearing and would take the car for half an hour.. sit there.. then get paid and keep the cash. Bad I know but still funny. Great shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back