Passover 2007

wolfepakt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wolfecs.biz
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I know I am roughly 3 months late to post these, but hey who cares.

I attend a Jewish roots Christian church (that is also Charismatic) and we celebrate Passover every year.
These are some shots from our Seder.

These two are some of the congregational dancing we do. I cannot do this one as my feet are too slow to keep up.
1)
100_4435.jpg

2)
100_4440.jpg

Another Congregational dance done as a demonstration.
3)
100_4376.jpg

My pastor leading the service and moving along with the explanations of the meanings behind the parts of the seder
4)
100_4393.jpg

5)
100_4391.jpg

The lamb bone
6)
100_4406.jpg

The bitter herbs
7)
100_4414.jpg

A girl in the audience reading one of the parts for children.
8)
100_4400.jpg

I know there are some technical problems with the pics, but I was trying to get the feeling of the service.

Interesting. Thanks for the look into part of your life!

I'm mildly confused. Any chance you could give an overview of what exactly a "Jewish roots christian church" is, and whether/how it is different from jews for jesus? Thanks.

I will try. (and try to stay with in the bounds of not discussing religion to much. ;) )
We as a congregation believe that you cannot truly understand Christianity with out a thorough understanding of Judaism. This is because Yeshua (Jesus in Greek) was Jewish. We believe Yeshua is the Mochiach (Messiah). We are also very strongly Zionist. (If you don't know, this means that we are pro-Israel. We believe that the covenant between Abraham and God is still in effect.... i.e. "I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you.")
Very few of our congregation are Jewish (3 or 4 couples maybe). We do not actively try to convert Jews. (and in our view, it a Jew converts, they are still Jewish.... That would be like not being American anymore..... But they instead move from the Mosaic covenant to the Messianic covenant.)
And as far as I know there is no other congregation anywhere like this one.
Our congregation has a small bookstore, and a team of dancers that go and perform in parades and such in Northern CO and Southeastern WY.
http://www.israeligiftstore.com/index.htm
will go to the bookstore site and
http://www.israeligiftstore.com/congregation.htm
is a blurb about the church and
http://www.israeligiftstore.com/dancers.htm
is the dance team.

If you have any other questions I will be happy to answer them, but as to keep within the rules of TPF lets do it through PMs.

Cool. Are the dances of your own invention? I was raised jewish, and so I've spent a fair bit of time around my share of synagogues...I don't recognize the dancing. A couple other questions, if you don't mind. Does your church have a torah? Can/do any of you read biblical hebrew? How do you reconcile being a non-jewish Zionist? I sort of understand in principle...based on what you said in your last post, but Zionism in a crude nutshell holds that the land belongs to jews. So even if you believe that one needs to be in touch with their Jewish roots or however it is that you put it, where exactly is the impetus for being a Zionist on someone else's behalf? It seems sort of like being a white, black separatist.

The dancers are the pastor's invention I think.....
No torah.
I am slowly learning some Hebrew :)
Zionist to me, means that Israel (the people) is the rightful owner of Israel (the country) because God gave that land to them. Jerusalem should be 100% owned by Israel and the thing on temple mount now does NOT belong there. A temple (#3) belongs there!
As a Christian, I believe the Old Testament is the word of God and the promises given there in are valid and true! (including the Abrahamic and Mosaic covenants.)

Cool stuff. I've always been interested in religion and faith as a whole (I'm a Latter Day Saint myself). Our church has an educational program fro high school students (seminary) and we always celebrated Yom Kippur. The Old Testament is quite a book, and I was always pleasently surprised to find paralelles between Judism and the Mormon faith.

Most reactions

Back