"Paterson Great Falls..."

@ntz Thanks for your input regarding diffraction and f/22, it's a non-issue when using a medium format camera due to the larger sensor. Please note diffraction still exists with medium format just as with any camera/lens combo regardless of format. However, the lens must be closed down much further than f/22 before it manifest itself when using medium format...it's just physics...

Cheers,

Enezdez

Not necessarily a non-issue, you will eventually hit the diffraction limit, just at a smaller aperture than a crop sensor or even full frame. In simple terms the MF sensor has bigger pixels which increases the "airy disc" size the point where diffraction begins. For a good explanation see Diffraction Limited Photography: Pixel Size, Aperture and Airy Disks Thanks for pointing this out, it jogged my curiosity. I knew it was so, just never took the time to research the why.

Not necessarily a non-issue, you will eventually hit the diffraction limit, just at a smaller aperture than a crop sensor or even full frame. In simple terms the MF sensor has bigger pixels which increases the "airy disc" size the point where diffraction begins. For a good explanation see Diffraction Limited Photography: Pixel Size, Aperture and Airy Disks Thanks for pointing this out, it jogged my curiosity. I knew it was so, just never took the time to research the why.

@smoke665 that's what I said, you just worded it differently... lol

GFX 50R
f/22.0
ISO 160
1 Sec.
GF 80mm f/1.7 R WR
63mm Equivalent

(Processed In LR & PS)

View attachment 245295

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Cheers,

Enezdez
I have been here living in NJ. The colors look a bit rich, but I do like the framing. I think that more sky in the frame would have faded some colors.

I have been here living in NJ. The colors look a bit rich, but I do like the framing. I think that more sky in the frame would have faded some colors.
@drjjpdc Thank you, and yes maybe more sky would have faded some colors...by the way I see that you are new here...Welcome to TPF, I hope you enjoy your time here...

Cheers,

Enezdez

Most reactions

New Topics

Back