What's new

Path

pgriz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jul 30, 2010
Messages
6,734
Reaction score
3,221
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sometimes, the vistas beneath our feet can be as fascinating as the magestic mountains, or the wave-pounded seashore. Maybe it's just me... but I do find beauty in the ordinary - such as a path near where I live. The forms, and shapes, and colours are there to enjoy, if one just slows down enough and looks.

$Path_9278_v2.webp
 
Thank you, Binga63. What I was focusing on was the abstract nature of what was on the path. Not the sticks and leaves and stones, but the shapes and textures and colours. When we look at an abstract painting, we tend to supply much of the meaning behind the appreciation for that work. Either in terms of the patterns of light or colour or texture, or contrasts. Then these patterns allow us to attach associations, which in turn allow us to derive meaning. The work either resonates with the viewer, or it doesn't. Neither is "right" or "wrong", because those are not the yardsticks that can be used for this material. And so, for me this was nature's abstract work, inviting me to see beyond the surface of the objects themselves.
 
excellent sharpness; but the subject is not compelling to watch on.... but i can understand your emotion behind that.... ;)
 
Thanks for the comment Nandakumar. Yes, I agree... the rubble on a path is rather banal. But it does have possibilites when seen as an abstract. I just wasn't sure if I was over-intellectualizing it. For if the universe can be seen in a blade of grass, then surely something can be noticed on a collection of twigs, rocks, and leaves...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom