Patience = new X-T1 ...

paul'dee'dowling

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have been 'visiting' a discontinued , overlooked X-T1 in John Lewis department store for over a year .
Watching it drop from £1300 through to £850, still well above my budget .
There obviously was no success with Fuji against Sony , Panasonic , Nikon etc.
I don't need it as my under £500 combination of a brand new in 2016 X-Pro1 and 2017 ex-dem X-M1 with 16-50 and 27 suits me perfectly , but I love the SLR style .
I certainly do not need a 24mp sensor as I still love my 7mp Panasonic L1/Leica Digilux 3 with Olympus kit lenses .
2 days ago it hit clearance @ £530 , but with further adjustment for a missing charger , it was £427 .
obviously , I gained the 18-55 lens plus the later , faster autofocus , but primarily , it reflects over 40 years of SLR , mostly Minolta , snapshots .
i just love the quality and delicacy of my outdated pair .
I achieve all the delight of these exquisite retro styled cameras for a fraction on the cost of the current models .
Now that X-T2 seems to be sticking - can't wait for the X-T3 so I can visit the X-T2 ... LOL.
respect
dee

Always fun to grab a bargain. Got a new X-T1 body a few months back for C$499 and a new "demo" 23/2 WR for C$399. Just get an aftermarket charger and battery off Amazon.

Love to hear a story about a great deal! I love the way at times an item can sit, unsold, and then the price drops ridiculously low and it's affordable as heck. Enjoy the new camera! It's gotta be a cut above the older Digilux. As cgw above recommends, hit up Amazon for an aftermarket battery charger and you're golden.

Derrel/cgw - I have the charger for the X-Pro 1 , so no worries , the X-M1 was without any accessories , so runs an OEM battery and borrowed strap !
cgw - great catch with the X-T1 with a better lens than mine !
One oddity - the zoom lens never felt at home on the rangefinder styled X-Pro 1 , I tended to keep the 16-50 on the compact with the 27mm on the X-Pro1.
I guess that , at 71 , I have been indoctrinated into the SLR/Rangefinder divide !! LOL
It may be an ASD element too .
With the X-T1 and 18-55 , it all falls into place now !
Regards
dee

In context , apart from an inheritance fuelled acquisition of a Leica M8 , [ my 1st Rangefinder adapted to Contax/Kiev with a stunning Contax mounted J9 ] because of it's analogue 'feel' .
Plus used Leica Digilux 3 which just suited me accept for that monster , front heavy Leica zoom .
i still love using it despite the squinty finder !
[ I added a used L1 body and pair of cheap used £100 Olympus lenses which are actually good for typical kit lenses , but 4/3rds had , initially something to prove ] .
Later DSLRs have , by necessity been budget / mid range models of OK construction to reuse Pentax manual lenses and Minolta AF lenses , but nothing of true quality .
The X-Pro1 and X-T1 mark a return to cameras which feel great to use .
I guess this is the reason I find them irresistible - no matter their functionality .

I love the consistency of the same sensor /IQ / operating system in the X-Pro1 / X-T1 / X-M1 .
I am not sure whether updating to an X-T2 would upset the balance that I have achieve to settle my ASD glitch .
I would guess that the 24mp cameras will be a lot more popular , so it's extremely unlikely that i will find a reject in years to come ... if so ... I shall probably not be able to resist - but the X-T1 is going nowhere !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back