Pause

inneist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
gamlastan.jpg

This is an excellent shot. There is a lot atmosphere in it, and the entire overall quality is superb. The shot has a lot of flavor. Wicked work, bud.

i wonder if it'd look better with more detail in the cobblestones. than again, they're not the subject of the photo. very nice shot.
i see some lensflare btw, might wanna clone that out.

i like the shot a lot but like ernie had stated the street feels washed the stones would have really pulled the shot together nicely...are they more clear in the original?

Thanks (a lot as well) for all of your kind feedback. Do you actually prefer my second version? I seem to have the impression that a straight b&w in this case looks somewhat dull and blunt. What do you think?

smok.jpg

I like the first one better. I also think that moving a degree or two clockwise and recropping it to get rid of the tilt would be nice but it's a great shot.

I didn't position my camera strictly perpendicular to the ground so there's some perspective problem. She didn't stay there too long, so I hope I'm excused for being hurried. :D

Thanks. I think in a naturally contrasty scene like this, if I didn't get the exposure right to begin with, post-treatment might be just so so. Here's my last try. I promise I'll rest my case for now.

smok4-1.jpg

I think this is the best shot I have seen in this forum. I love it, it is interesting. I would expect to find something like this in a high end gallery, really huge and gallery wrapped.

I like your original coloring.

Fantastic shot... timeless classic.

First one though... the sepia tone is perfect and adds an element of 'age' to it. The black and white doesn't pull the same effect off as well.

David

Most reactions

Back