PAX EAST 2012 - Set 2 - Some Cosplayers

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There was a great showing of folks today. I didn't get as many of them as I had hoped but here are a few.

I was also very excited because today i was actually asking people if I could take their picture. Cosplayers are always totally into it, so there's really no reason for me to be nervous about it, but shyness is a something that's pretty ingrained in me so it's always a challenge. I expect next year I'll be even more aggressive than I was this year. :)

Now if only that stupid D4 had arrived before PAX like I had wanted. @#)$(@#$)

==1==
PAX%202012%20-%20-%20069.jpg

==2==
PAX%202012%20-%20-%20093.jpg

==3==
PAX%202012%20-%20-%20121.jpg

First i thought the first image has bad lighting. ...but then i realized that very success of that image is that darkness on her face.Actually that image alone is a photographer's work....others are just anybody's work

Hehe... Thanks! That first one is my favorite from a creative perspective... It's interesting as most of the day for me was having the nerve to shoot the pics and the technical mastery to handle the tough lighting.

However you've inadvertently hit on something that I realized at the end of the day, which is that I need/want to try to make more if them creative like that first one. :)

And thank you for saying do and driving the point home even more! I need to think on this more.

Still... Im pleased with all of them. :)

The Engineer is a Spy!!!!

I just went to Sakura-Con here in Washington, so I got a lot of similar cosplay shots. I've found that if you just start barking orders (nicely, of course), you can really get whatever you want. I just walk up to the person I want to shoot and tell them where to stand as well as how to pose if they don't already know.

I also like to carry info cards (not business, I'm not selling) so that people can find their pictures later.

Picture one has emotion, and a sense of being a well thought out photograph with great selective lighting. The others are more like just very good snap shots, especially pic 3.

Juice said:
The Engineer is a Spy!!!!

I just went to Sakura-Con here in Washington, so I got a lot of similar cosplay shots. I've found that if you just start barking orders (nicely, of course), you can really get whatever you want. I just walk up to the person I want to shoot and tell them where to stand as well as how to pose if they don't already know.

I also like to carry info cards (not business, I'm not selling) so that people can find their pictures later.

You know that makes total sense but it never occurred to me before you said it. Great advice, thank you!

Oh and lol on the engineer is a spy... :)

Joel_W said:
Picture one has emotion, and a sense of being a well thought out photograph with great selective lighting. The others are more like just very good snap shots, especially pic 3.

I think "snapshot" may be pushing it a little but I take your point. Thanks for the comment.

I think the big challenge will be finding a setting and lighting that will relate well to each Individual character... On the fly!

I'm thinking I should basically be scouting for good scenes/moods while I'm searching for these folks and then seeing if I can coerce them to move to that spot. Some different angles based upon what they are dressed as, too... Different poses... Get that spy to position himself coming around the corner to knife the engineer...

Damn I wish I had thought of this yesterday! Lol!

Haha yes yes. Very true.

Love the first one, nice job! I wanted to go PAX East but had too much going on so my work sent someone else. At least our game reviewed well. I will just have to live through everyone's pictures.

Love the first one, nice job! I wanted to go PAX East but had too much going on so my work sent someone else. At least our game reviewed well. I will just have to live through everyone's pictures.

Thanks! It was a great time.

BTW, if you hadn't seen it I have redone the first one...

PAX%202012%20-%20-%20069%20REV4.jpg

Muuuuuuuuuuuuch better without the poster!!

hahaha... I know, right? Not an easy editing job, either, but SO had to happen. :)

Thanks for the comment. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back