PC Upgrades

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My PC was in need of a few changes. The board and chipset are awesome with [email protected] and 16gb DDR3 but what was lacking was the graphics card and monitor.

Purchased a Corsair 750M power supply, GeForce GTX 760 FTW and a Asus MX279h ips display. THe power supply and graphics card are bomb. My feelings on the Asus MX279h display:

Beautiful hardware, great design. Anti reflective screen at 27" takes up as little room as my 24" did by using 95% of the screen surface. Color rendition is beautiful. Text is clear and sharp. Sound from B&O onboard speakers is sufficient. Overall happiness is high. I wish I could have found a PA series monitor but at 1/2 the price this one is pretty darn nice.

Looks awesome editing and or gaming ;)

Nice. I'm still using a laptop screen (oh the travesty lol) but mainly because I got a desktop replacement kind of laptop with a high color gamut screen. It's not IPS but it calibrates sooo much nicer than my old one.

I've been looking at a good IPS desktop screen though. I'm considering a Dell just because they're relatively inexpensive and I've heard good things.

Also, anyone who uses an iMac, is it just me or do the blacks on the iMac seem super deep - deeper than others?

Also, anyone who uses an iMac, is it just me or do the blacks on the iMac seem super deep - deeper than others?

Yeah...my iMac's blacks do seem to look pretty deep. Maybe it's the shiny screen surface. I dunno.

I have just upgraded to a 2.6Ghz Macbook Pro with 1TB SSD and 16GB ram. Seems pretty good so far! Blacks are super super deep but thats Retina screens for you.

I would've bought a Thunderbolt, Apple's flagship monitor but alas, as with everything with Apple, you just can't hook it up to a PC without adapters and wizardry. At $999 it's just a tad overpriced.

My PC was in need of a few changes. The board and chipset are awesome with [email protected] and 16gb DDR3 but what was lacking was the graphics card and monitor.

Purchased a Corsair 750M power supply, GeForce GTX 760 FTW and a Asus MX279h ips display. THe power supply and graphics card are bomb. My feelings on the Asus MX279h display:

Beautiful hardware, great design. Anti reflective screen at 27" takes up as little room as my 24" did by using 95% of the screen surface. Color rendition is beautiful. Text is clear and sharp. Sound from B&O onboard speakers is sufficient. Overall happiness is high. I wish I could have found a PA series monitor but at 1/2 the price this one is pretty darn nice.

Looks awesome editing and or gaming ;)

I use two 40" TV's for monitors myself. Been rather happy with the setup overall.

I don't think TVs are as good as ips displays? Suppose they could be?

Either way I don't have that kind of room. The 27" is huge on my desk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back