Pelican Case- Shipment Question

412 Burgh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.zacharydiberadin.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I come here seeking expert knowledge and advice from the masters themselves. I am currently in Brisbane, Australia for the next 3 months to study. I couldn't decide what to bring while I was down here so I brought just about everything except my alienbees! Currently I'm carrying it all in a Tenba backpack.. This is my list of equipment I have with me ( I couldn't pack light)

Nikon D7000 + Gripped
Nikkor 24-70
Nikkor 70-200
Nikkor 50mm
Nikkor 18-55mm
Sb700
GoPro + Few accessories
Filters, Memory cards, chargers, Blackrapid etc.

So this is my dilemma... My bag cannot weigh more than 15lbs on the return trip home. Once you throw my macbook pro 15" in there I am about 35lbs total. I have to ship it back. I already have 2 bags of clothes so this would have been my carry on bag. My 2 suitcases are too large to be considered for a carry on bag. I'm seeking advice on how to ship gear safely and securely. My uncle works for fedex and is going to help me with the cost/routing it to be less pricey. My only question is, how do I make sure my gear is insured via fedex and it's their fault if anything breaks... I do have insurance on all of my gear but if I don't break it and they do it's their fault... I was thinking to save myself and my uncle the hassle that I should just opt for a pelican case and toss it all in there and let them ship that so I know it's safe and sound. Anyone that has experience shipping gear international would be a huge help! I'm just nervous sending about 5grand worth of gear with fedex lol!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back