Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looks like when i get my case, its going to be a pelican :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
My Pelican 1510 w/dividers and optional lid organiser:

Pelican2-14-10_0067.jpg

looks nice, i want the 1600 with the pick an pluck foam for my gear

Yep they are a beast which is why I won't buy them. All the best and biggest gear in the world seems like an awesome idea until you actually need to take that gear somewhere.

I have the Pelican 1200 case with the pick and pluck foam and its great

Yep they are a beast which is why I won't buy them. All the best and biggest gear in the world seems like an awesome idea until you actually need to take that gear somewhere.
No doubt.

The 1510 is 11 lbs empty.

It is sized to comply with airline carry-on size restrictions for normal size overhead bins and under the seat stowage (regional jets can be problematic, smaller than standard overhead bins).

When I fly, I use a Case Logic backpack though, because it's so much lighter empty, has a laptop compartment, and in fits regional jet overhead bins.

I use the 1510, and a combination of other gear bags/cases, for location shoots.

The Tenba large messenger bag in this shot (for speedlights and speedlight accessories) has a tight backstrap specifically for slipping over the pull handle of any rolling case/bag:

Pelican2-14-10_0065.jpg

I use a pelican case for transporting my equipment over nasty terrain in my truck, but there is no way in hell I would pack those monster cases everywhere I go. LOL I plan on buying one more to mount on my 4 wheeler rack to carry my gear in for trips as the cases are darn near indestructable.

I can vouch for these things...

We used 15-20 or so of them in my mobile comms unit back in the day.

They went through pouring rain, sandstorms, drops, altitude changes, as well as having hundreds of pounds stacked on top of them on pallets.

They are more or less indestructible.

I read a magazine article once where they put a DSLR+lens inside one and tossed it down a 20-30ft waterfall lol. It hit rocks on the way down and bounced a bunch of times.

When they opened it the camera was dry and worked like new.

- Neil

Most reactions

Back