Pentax announce Full-Frame DSLR in 2015

iolair

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
And ... that's about all that's known so far.

Confirmed details:
  • K-mount digital SLR camera with a large, 35mm full-frame image sensor
  • Compatible with DA-series interchangeable lenses, using an image-cropping function
  • Currently under development for market launch by the end of 2015
Most likely sensor size is 36MP (and most likely, the same Sony sensor that Nikon full frames use).

As the flagship Pentax crop-sensor DSLR has features such as on-sensor shake reduction (image stabilisation), twin SD card slots and extensive weather resistance, I'd be very surprised if the new camera didn't have these. Sample image shows no on-camera flash, in line with other manufacturers' full frame bodies.

Based on current Pentax bodies, I guess it will be priced very competitively compared to Canikon full frames.

In December, I made the decision to switch from Canon crop bodies (40D and 50D) to the Pentax K-3, instead of upgrading within Canon. I've been really pleased that I did; this is icing on the cake for me.

Last edited:
Very exciting news, while I dont own Pentax I have loads and loads of respect to this camera maker.
Cant wait to hear more news about their FF DSLR, its about time they join the big boys :)

Just think what it will be like with canon and nikon beating 85mmF1.4 lens fitted

itll be like me driving my subaru and my neighbor buying a new hyundai.

more competition is good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back