Pentax K-X

I would be interested in seeing how the HDR images turn out from it's automatic processing.

I think it's cool that they offer different colors. Sets them apart from everyone else.

its all about the pink with the blue grip!

Some reviews are beginning to stream in, and it looks mighty fine for the $$$. I'd sort of like to have one as a spare body- it would totally own the old K10 I have for that purpose presently. Hmm...

I have one, LOVE it, the high ISO performace is great. I didnt buy it for video, but the video quality is amazing also.

I think the colour idea was great from Pentax, it finally sets them apart from the usual others. But who are they marketing to with these bright cameras?

How does this thing compare to some nikons and canons? Can anyone link me? Im way too lazy to search. :lol:

I think the colour idea was great from Pentax, it finally sets them apart from the usual others. But who are they marketing to with these bright cameras?

How does this thing compare to some nikons and canons? Can anyone link me? Im way too lazy to search. :lol:

I think many poeple that would not normally buy a DSLR would buy a colorful K-x. It provides many features for the novice yet many performance enhancement that make it very appealing to the experienced also.

I think many poeple that would not normally buy a DSLR would buy a colorful K-x. It provides many features for the novice yet many performance enhancement that make it very appealing to the experienced also.

Thats what I though, it seems they are marketing to teens that buy bright point and shoots just like canon did with avril lavigne.

I have one, LOVE it, the high ISO performace is great. I didnt buy it for video, but the video quality is amazing also.
I jumped over to Image Resource and checked out their sample pics (test images).

Check these out.

The K-X at ISO 1600 next to the D90 test shot:

k-x_d90.jpg

The K-X at ISO 1600 next to the 50D:

kx_50D.jpg

Check out the complete loss of detail in the red pattern. I'm guessing they're doing some SERIOUS in camera NR to kill the red channel like that. You can see the color shift in the pink as well.

I jumped over to Image Resource and checked out their sample pics (test images).

Check these out.

The K-X at ISO 1600 next to the D90 test shot:

k-x_d90.jpg

The K-X at ISO 1600 next to the 50D:

kx_50D.jpg

Check out the complete loss of detail in the red pattern. I'm guessing they're doing some SERIOUS in camera NR to kill the red channel like that. You can see the color shift in the pink as well.

Thats not fair....neither of those are even close to the $650 body/lens combo price of the Pentax. They are shooting for different markets.

Thats not fair....neither of those are even close to the $650 body/lens combo price of the Pentax. They are shooting for different markets.
I'm not sure what this has to do with "fair". ISO 1600 is ISO 1600. The point is that at that moderate ISO level the noise reduction is extreme, to the point that it's killing the red channel. At ISO 800 the details are there, see below.

Screenshot2009-11-20at50100PM.png

The solution I would image is to shoot in RAW and do your own selective noise reduction. It's not a condemnation of K-X, it's just an observation. It was brought up when skid mentioned the high ISO performance being outstanding.

I'm not sure what this has to do with "fair". ISO 1600 is ISO 1600. The point is that at that moderate ISO level the noise reduction is extreme, to the point that it's killing the red channel. At ISO 800 the details are there, see below.

The solution I would image is to shoot in RAW and do your own selective noise reduction. It's not a condemnation of K-X, it's just an observation. It was brought up when skid mentioned the high ISO performance being outstanding.

I guess fair could be replaced with relevant then instead. Why not just compare it with images taken with 1Dmk3? I get the impression the K-X has a target market of people crossing over from P&S.

Most reactions

Back