Pentax K5, ISO 1600. I thought this was amazing for a crop sensor. AND ISO 4000

Huh? A K5 is not a big heavy camera. It isn't! When I bought it I was amazed at how small it was! And on the ISO factor it is a dream! I have really great shots higher than 4000 ISO for sure. I once shot a butterfly posted it, and someone couldn't believe I could get a usable photo at 9000 ISO. I hadn't even noticed that.

Now you may mean that the 645d, the Pentax medium format 40MP camera is big and heavy...well not really on that front either. Yes it is bigger than your normal dslr, but it handles so well you don't notice the size.

I love Pentax. Their lenses rock! They weren't the first on the market with digital because they were trying to figure out how to make a digital camera compatible with all their old lenses. They did a great job! Here's a high ISO HDR. I shot this at between 6400-12800 ISO.

Love, by Robert Indiana by Jim Purcell, on Flickr

The A77 is much better :lol: worlds best camera
Leave it to Gary.
You can't get by Gary. He's always there and has a zinger for all occasions.
lol

The A77 is much better :lol: worlds best camera
Leave it to Gary.
You can't get by Gary. He's always there and has a zinger for all occasions.
lol

Have you got an 85mmF1.4 pentax lens that is meant to be a killer lens better than nikon F1.4 and Canon F1.2

Lightspeed I am doing some promotion work on your behalf at the moment!

There is a poster on photography and equipment who is now considering a Pentax K5 over a Canon 60D? Partly because I said it is a great alternative to Nikon and Canon offerings, get over there and seal the deal for him with your amazing sales charm!! :lol:

He is currently seeking opinions on the subject...

Lightspeed I am doing some promotion work on your behalf at the moment!

There is a poster on photography and equipment who is now considering a Pentax K5 over a Canon 60D? Partly because I said it is a great alternative to Nikon and Canon offerings, get over there and seal the deal for him with your amazing sales charm!! :lol:

He is currently seeking opinions on the subject...

He has got as much charm as a snail :lol:

If you've ever handled a K5 in manual mode, you'll wonder why you spend any time bumbling through the Canikon menus/ergonomics. Such a joy to shoot with.

K5 is definitely a fine camera body.
I love the way it feels and the way it performs.
If you're not gripped, get gripped. You'll like it even better.

I've got the K7, and I keep pondering the K5, because as Lightspeed mentioned the higher ISO on the K5 is like ISO 200 or 400 on the K7. Love my K7, but in poor light, it typically disappoints somewhat. The good news is that the price has been dropping lately. I may just have to bite the bullet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back