Pentax Spotmatic SP and SP II

Evertking

How do I turn this thing on?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few images that i shot with a Pentax Spotmatic and a 35 f2 and a 135mm f 3.5.
Its been a lot of fun and i developed them at home and scanned on a Epson v600.
..... im learning and have a blast in the process
img257thisone.jpg
img264.jpg
img236.jpg
img247-2.jpg
img260.jpg
tryagain.jpg
img244.jpg

Very nice indeed. Being an old Pentaxian I had both the SP & SP II. The SPII was the camera of choice during my early newspaper days.

I was talking to someone the other end of our street yesterday and he waxed lyrical about his heavy Nikon F, and I said yes but I far preferred the ergonics of Pentax cameras. I sold my Spotmatic F and S1a's years ago to move to K mount, I was shooting rock concerts professionally very regulary as well as location shots for a record company.

More recently I've gone back to Spotmatics, an F an SP and and SP500, also an SV but hey that was £10 with a lens and meter and fully functional.

In comparison modern cameras around 20-25 years old deteriorate, the coverings go sticky, I've binned lenses that were once expensive what had been a nice Sigma telephoto zoom, I was given it never used it but one of my nieces had for a few years. It was the same with the Nikon 401 camera.

What's the life expectancy of a camera now, 10 years roughly, but hey I use camera made late 1800's and early 1900's and theres not these issues. And I could buy older :D

Pentax cameras were once built to last like a Leica, the pileof plastic my sister gave me won't last, it was an insurance replacement for an earlier model.

Ian

Last edited:
I still shoot with a Pentax K1000, MX, ME, MG and a Spotmatic. So far I have only had to replace the light seals on my K1000 and Spotmatic but otherwise they all work perfectly. Great cameras.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back