People growing wings and flying

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went out and saw some gliders today. Good day to fly! Here are a few shots I took and edited in PS cs4.

C&C Welcome! enjoy!:mrgreen:

1)
4711006338_0820e1db05_b.jpg

Settings: f/11 1/800 iso 400 shot @ 55mm

2)
4710371395_f1ca5081fc_b.jpg

Settings: f/11 1/1600 iso 400 shot @ 65mm

Dak
I like the color and clarity in the first photo.

How do they get up in the air, in a plane?

#2's a great capture.. the framing is great, just needs some software NR carefully applied. Should have kept the ISO a bit lower, you didn't need your shutter speed that high but that's no biggie.

#2's a great capture.. the framing is great, just needs some software NR carefully applied. Should have kept the ISO a bit lower, you didn't need your shutter speed that high but that's no biggie.

ya i shoudl of hit the iso at 100-200..i'll watch that next time. thanks

Dak

thank you!:mrgreen:

They take a running leap off a cliff! its awesome

We fly off a cliff/ridge/mountainside or we can be winched into the air fromthe ground, running leaps are for base jumpers, not paragliders :p

If the breeze is strong enough you dont even need to run. Raise wing into the air and you are literally lifted off the ground.

I still have all my gear, I really should get back into the air. Probably the single most awesome thing I have ever done. Got to see some amazing places from some seriously unhindered points of view.

Closest thing to flying like a bird ever invented, I have even soared with large birds of prey, incredible being so close and sharing airspace with them.

Dak

thank you!:mrgreen:

They take a running leap off a cliff! its awesome

We fly off a cliff/ridge/mountainside or we can be winched into the air fromthe ground, running leaps are for base jumpers, not paragliders :p

If the breeze is strong enough you dont even need to run. Raise wing into the air and you are literally lifted off the ground.

I still have all my gear, I really should get back into the air. Probably the single most awesome thing I have ever done. Got to see some amazing places from some seriously unhindered points of view.

Closest thing to flying like a bird ever invented, I have even soared with large birds of prey, incredible being so close and sharing airspace with them.

very cool! i'm going back there in a few weeks to try it out! :thumbup: looks fun!

Awesome man, you will love it!! Might have a hunt around and dig out some pics.

Not intended to hijack the thread, just a couple of my favourite moments in life I thought I would share. Taken 5 years ago with a Sony DSC-H1, man how time "flies".

1: Me cruising on a seabreeze. Sadly we only got to fly this site once, one of the co-owners of the property we suspect was growing weed and didnt like our aerial advantage.

pg001t.jpg

2: A friend of mine performing a low altitude wing over, g-load with these can be intense. Most wings are rated to about 9g!!!!

pg002.jpg

Most reactions

Back