people watching - railway photography

number 4 is incredible! and by far my favorite!

Thanks for the response Mentos. Im not worried about the legality of the process as much as the human interaction side. I feel uncomfortable about taking the pictures but its the ones I want the most. Do you feel a little odd when you frame a stranger who has no idea youre about to take their picture?

At the beggining, sure I did feel odd! But after a few months/years of experimenting with street/social photography I realised that the best in it, is the fact that you try to be invisible and do not interfere in "their" life. the photographer, in my opinion, should just observe the life. in most cases I try to hide somewhere or just shoot from a shadowy place, hidden by a tree or fountain or by car...whatever.... sometimes I just walk around with my camera hanging freely on my neck and I watch... when I spot something interesting I put my cam up to the eye but do not point exactly to the subject if I have any doubts that he/she can notice me. if I feel "secure" I quickly turn around and shoot: 2-3 pics of the same frame. that's how I take most of the pics.
I am capturing moments that will never come back again. So any doubts are left when you know that you will never catch the same moment - the same sun rays on somebodies face, the same expression, place and moment.

At the beggining, sure I did feel odd! But after a few months/years of experimenting with street/social photography I realised that the best in it, is the fact that you try to be invisible and do not interfere in "their" life. the photographer, in my opinion, should just observe the life. in most cases I try to hide somewhere or just shoot from a shadowy place, hidden by a tree or fountain or by car...whatever.... sometimes I just walk around with my camera hanging freely on my neck and I watch... when I spot something interesting I put my cam up to the eye but do not point exactly to the subject if I have any doubts that he/she can notice me. if I feel "secure" I quickly turn around and shoot: 2-3 pics of the same frame. that's how I take most of the pics.
I am capturing moments that will never come back again. So any doubts are left when you know that you will never catch the same moment - the same sun rays on somebodies face, the same expression, place and moment.

Thanks, well put. Ill see what happens.

Most reactions

Back