People who say "UN-EDITED"

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Are making it clear they don't know how to edit. There's no need to state it in any conversation in regards to digital photography or any form of film print processing because it's all edited, whether in control of the photographer, a lab or your camera.

One of my pet peeves, rant over.

do you get mad when people say "out of the camera" or "no post"?

What about "random shots"? If someone is just throwing some stuff up here without any thought or effort why is it worth spending time on it?

LOL, well no because those do not really imply no editing was done and that they are better than those that did but still I see little to no reason to brag about your lack of skills. Crap, I work hard on my editing, there's so much to learn and it's not easy. My edits take hours at times and it pays off for me. Really the only ones who ever say those things are the ones who have no clue and don't take the time to learn.

I have rarely seen an image that wasn't given love in post that I truly was impressed with. Name me a really good photographer that doesn't spend more effort in post than in capturing the image? Even in times when I was working in B&W film I spent hours in the darkroom...jeesh! I miss that smell too (30 years later, still smell it!)

Usually my reply to those who state something is "un-edited" and ask for help or comments....is "edit it"

but I say that in my head anymore these days. No one wants to hear the truth about editing, except those that understand it.

Seeing a raw image is like hearing pure digital audio. Can't happen. Either your camera is going to edit it... aka process the jpg...or you are going to edit it. I prefer me to edit it.

99% of the people who post as such, simply don't understand what is going on inside their camera and what it takes to process an image. So I don't bother wasting my time telling those with closed ears.

My other peeve is retards who think they need to set their resolution to 300 or 600 etc when they crop for a large print, at the same time. Had an argument...excuse me...discussion, with a customer about that today. Claimed we (our shop) always tell him his prints will print ugly and wanted us to "just print his damn picture" So we did, and it looked like chit since photoshop had to create pixels to add to the image for the ridiculous size/resolution he desired.

Just does not pay to try to help people who think they are making their images better, when in fact they are making them worse.

It's not about getting it wrong or right in camera. An excellent image in camera can only be much improved with proper edit. Yes Pallycow, you may be correct.

or "gripped"
I've never heard of these terms. Explain please.

Straight Out Of Camera

Battery grip on camera = gripped, instead of saying Xbrand camera with Md-3515432xpq001. . .it's easier to just say gripped, but, some people like to gripe about gripped.
I honestly dont find issue with either of these terms. I also don't really find them to be similar at all.

I've said this is before post more than a few times. Mainly because I don't want people to think that's my final image aka something I'm proud of.

If I show people this pic I took for example
7DSC_0075 resized.jpg

I'm going to say that's the unedited raw (I know it's a jpeg now)

then I show them the edited one basically saying.

hey look what I did.

reality lowrez.jpg

^^^ hey look what I did
or "gripped"
I've never heard of these terms. Explain please.

Your mom has, ask her.

muahaha. welcome to late night TPF he he he
Trust me I have thick skin. I'm used to large offtopic forums. I have my kid gloves on here.

Even photos that you "get right" in camera are edited. You just chose to let your camera edit it for you based on the settings you chose. Whether you chose setting in camera or in post is irrelevant. The only difference it time. Obviously you want to get it as close to true (as true as you intend based on what you see) with minimal processing in post to save time.

Bottom line is all photos are edited. Either in camera, in post, or both. It really is a non issue that elitists and wanna be's like to throw around. Not being a jerk, but it is usually tossed around by uneducated folks who simply don't know.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back