Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
self explanatory

Jan19th05Shoppingandstreets21b.jpg

Jan19th05Shoppingandstreetsbw122.jpg

a second angle

wow that is very emotional. It's a great shot. But it really is horrible and sad the kind of poverty some must live in.

In terms of critique... First I think the image overall is a little underexposed. One interesting thing I noted though is that the colors of the little boy and his clothes tend to blend in to the general overall grey of the street/sidewalk/where ever it is. The one object whose colors stand out is the cup. I think that adds well to the emotion in the picture. But it might improve it if you could possibly bring out the color of the boy's skin so it's more saturated, but leave his clothes and the rest of the image grey like that. Just an idea. The composition is also good. Maybe a little better with the boy farther to the left, but I'm not sure. Also notable is the perspective -- looking down on the boy. Possibly even more interesting might have been a shot on the same level as him. Good job overall, though.

I would love to see this pciture in B&W! This is a powerful picture and the color really doesn't do much for it to start. It is also under exposed as mentioned above. I would boost the brightness and add some contrast in B&W. If you do make these changes, I would love to see it!

nice capture :thumbup:

a very sad picture and I dont even see a face. very nicely done.

themonko said:
I would love to see this pciture in B&W! This is a powerful picture and the color really doesn't do much for it to start. It is also under exposed as mentioned above. I would boost the brightness and add some contrast in B&W. If you do make these changes, I would love to see it!

nice capture :thumbup:

thanks!! here you are!

Jan19th05Shoppingandstreets21.jpg

I would crop a little off the right side to get cut out that whitecorner. Also, not sure if it's my screen or quality or scan orwhat, but the boys shirt and cup are starting to look distorted? Is it just me?

I would maybe lighten this picture a tad more (not too much) and maybeplay with the channel mixer or gradient tool in PS (not sure whatprogram you are using). As I said before, this is a powerfulpicutre and IMO, the B&W really adds to it.

well done.

In the second photo, it really bothers me that his foot is cut off. bad scan? its gritty. or bad quality. whatever it may be.

I think the distortion themonko was talking about is just caused by the resizing. If you're using Photoshop, try selecting "bicubic" in the pull-down menu in the Image Size window when you resize. It should hopefully help eliminate some of those jagged lines.

Most reactions

Back