Pet Photography C&C's welcome ;)

zoogirlbc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my first post. I'm new to DSLR photography so feedback would be great. These are from my D90 with the kit lens.

For those interested the dogs are all Belgian Malinois except the last one who is a Belgian Malinois x German Shepherd.

#1 - Karma

ksit.jpg

#2 - Nitrous

nitrous.jpg

#3 - Wendy and her puppy
mineforever.jpg

#4 - Elmer training Tucker
elmer.jpg

Welcome.

It's hard to differentiate the subject from the busy background in #1.

I agree with Goontz. To me, the photos don't have have the subject jumping out at you, visually speaking. Even in the last one, I find myself trying to read the text on the car before anything else, and it's got the most interesting scene.

Welcome to the forums!

I really like the last one. The action and the dog's expression make for an awesome photo. For all of them, be aware of your lighting. It looks like you were shooting in midday, and the first 2 shots are a bit overexposed. There's also some harsh shadows which typically don't look too good on pictures. 3 is a pretty good portrait and it looks like you have the lighting down for it.

BTW, that is a cute puppy. I'm a sucker for dogs.

I'd say that I'd want to stay away from that Tucker character :)

I agree that it's very difficult to shoot in harsh sunlight. I can't do it and have it come out the way that I want usually just because I don't know how yet. The dogs look awesome, but the sunlight is harsh on the first two. The third one is great on the lighting. The fourth is definitely a great shot. You have the dog coming out of one end to the trainer on the other end. The emotion of both trainer and dog are captured, and the K-9 car in the background finishes it nicely.

Good job!

Matt

Thanks everyone. Yes, Gaerek he is a cute puppy except for his tendency to bite still!
The last photo is actually going to be used on the NAK9 company's website so it's ok that their name stands out a bit. They loved the picture ;). How do you soften a photo then in broad daylight? These were all taken on auto before I conquered the fear of trying manual.

Most reactions

Back