What's new

Pet Photography

stc9357

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Location
Greenville,NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of the photos I took at a floral garden split into two plots- I wanted to try to sell it back to the owner I've taken about 40 photos over the last two days just me and my 50mm and canon t2i I just got trying to get back into the swing of things not back to full manual yet using priority modes.

$FloralCat(fb).webp

I'll be back a little later not allowing me to upload high res file I'll check rules and adjust
 
Back to sleep, not wanted will try with a few other images- Would see if someone wanted to do a shoot but I'll have a 70-210mm f/4 old school in a few days still need to get a flash probably the old 580ex and a sigma 24-60 most of my work will be portraits and weddings, candids, and street photography but Im interested in pets as well.
 
There's potential here as a pet portrait, but I don't see this as an image that people are likely to buy for a couple of reasons. The cat occupies too little of the frame, isn't looking toward the camera and the scene is full of visual distractions. I think if you'd move further around to the left, and much closer in, you'd have had a winner.
 
Taking photos of pets is an utter nightmare! I have shot over 1000 shots of my two dogs and only managed to get a small handfull of decent ones. Sometimes when it comes to animals you just have to take what is given to you. Good effort tho. Depending on the image size you could crop out the right hand side of the photo, that will remove the distracting plant on the right. Id play around cropping that photo and you should get something thats good. I tried shooting cats once. . . wont be doing that in a hurry again. Good effort tho
 
Taking photos of pets is an utter nightmare!...
Nah... just takes patience! It's also something that's best done with at least two people. One photographer and one wrangler.

Its also best done in the owners home where the pet is comfortable and for a bit of control there is nothing like some liverwurst.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom