Pet photography

Inga the Rottie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I enjoy doing pet photography. I will post a few shots and I want critiques, suggestions and if you have some of your own to post as examples, that would be great too. So.....here are a couple.

Very Nice pet ports for sure.I think #2 and 3 of the second set is the best of bunch with kitty and rot but the red flower is to bright in # 2 for my liking but the lighting is excellent.Personally I would ditch the flowers altogether but thats just me. Overall I think these are very nice and super cute.

Last edited:
I love me a Rottie! We had one some years ago. She would carry a soccer ball in her mouth, and the children would try to kick it out of her mouth. They seldom succeeded.

Love me some pet photography. :smile:

I like #5, but the flower is a bit too saturated! I like the second to last, but it's a tad dark for me.

I agree that the flower looks odd, over-saturated. I think the second set is just a bit too dark, but I might revise that opinion when I get a chance to look at them on a different monitor.

I like the poses and the eye contact. And as much as I love cats, I have to say that in all but the last one (with the cat rubbing up against the dog), it kinda looks like the cat is not supposed to be there. In the last one, they are interacting and it works.

I agree that the flower looks odd, over-saturated. I think the second set is just a bit too dark, but I might revise that opinion when I get a chance to look at them on a different monitor.

I like the poses and the eye contact. And as much as I love cats, I have to say that in all but the last one (with the cat rubbing up against the dog), it kinda looks like the cat is not supposed to be there. In the last one, they are interacting and it works.

Thanks everyone. The humor is the cat was NOT supposed to be there. She is my cat and she totally photo bombed my pictures. I thought they were sort of cute though so...make what you can out of every situation, right? I am just getting really back into photography after many years off and I love the feed back. Thanks for all of that. Here are a few more.

These are kind of all over the place for me. I'm not crazy about the lighting in most - shadows where it doesn't feel like there should be any, etc. The one red flower is way overdone for my tastes as well. And the little puppy jumping out of the basket is out of focus.

I love the one with the cat rubbing on the dog but I might like a little more light in it. And the puppy in the little treasure chest thing is adorable.

Awesome critiques, Thanks. In regard to the light...these were my first few attempts at light and I am learning as I go. The little dog kept jumping out of the basket and I was alone trying to keep him in and snap the shutter. Note to self: Always have a competent helper during dog shoots, especially where the untrained dogs are concerned. I will keep playing with light in hopes of getting it better. I think some of them are quite flat but with my limited space, and equipment, I am not sure yet how to improve that. Some suggestions with the critiques would be great.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back