Pet Portraits C&C Please

katerolla

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I need C&C on some pet potraits, how could I improve them to go professional pet photographer.

I did these at home on my cauch with a little window light and bounced the flash of the ceiling. Some are focused on the eyes and some on the nose.

Thanks

_8116493.jpg

_8116494.jpg

_8116495.jpg

_8116496.jpg

Last edited:
2 and 3 are my favs, really hard to see where his head ends and the background begins though.

You should have had bright light on one side and then a little softer on the other.

I prefer #1 as the depth of field works for me there. 2 and especially 3 have too much of his (?) head out of focus.

Some reflected light from below would have helped add some definition. I don't mind the black background at all.

I think the focus on his eyes works the best. Liking 1 the best

So, is the dog in front of a black background or did you photoshop one in?

#1 & #4 with a DIY or professional reflector for fill light would have been a great shot.....

This was a quick set up I stuck a black cloth onto the wall and covered the cauch with another black cloth, held a treat in one hand to get the dog to stay still and the camera in my other hand, than i used the dodge tool in photoshop to burn the background in

the original
_8116494-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back