Petal hood or round hood?

Kofman13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 i got used and it did not come with a lens hood and i really need to get one. I cant find a sigma brand hood at adorama or B and H.. ( the original sigma hood is a round one). adorama has a 77mm filter thread PETAL shaped hood that would fit on my camera...would that work well? or do i need a round one

I would search for a lens hood that was designed to go with the particular lens. Using hoods that are not meant to be use with the lens will lead to problems (lens flare for instance).

yeah well that hood is not my EXACT lens so thats not guaranteed to work, maybe ill get a petal hood and return if its bad

Will the front lens element rotates with AF?

Will the front lens element rotates with AF?

yeah, its not internal focus

I am pretty sure there is a difference between internal focusing and when you focus the front elements rotates.

Example:
50mm F/1.4 front element doesn't rotate, but does extend as you focus.

EF 70-200 (any version) front element doesn't rotate (same) but also doesn't extend as you focus.

ok, my lens does not rotate, it just extends

Ok, so which 28-70 do you have?
28-70mm F2.8-4 DG
28-70mm F2.8-4 High speed zoom

They only show these two lenses and the link I posted lists it as being compatible with the 28-70. Perhaps you should call Sigma.

Get this and call it a day bro

sigma-hood-580n21.jpg

If I were you, I will pick up the round one since you said the original one that shipped with the lens is round.

I have a sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 i got used and it did not come with a lens hood and i really need to get one. I cant find a sigma brand hood at adorama or B and H.. ( the original sigma hood is a round one). adorama has a 77mm filter thread PETAL shaped hood that would fit on my camera...would that work well? or do i need a round one

Can you give us a couple of days? We're already in touch with Sigma and going to do our best to get you one asap!

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

[email protected]

^ thats good freakin' CS right there. :thumbup:

Just don't make mention of canines in any response to Helen though. Apparently she's a cat fancier. :lmao:

Certainly am; I have a Birman, a Norwegian Forest & 4 of indistinct origin!

NB We got the hood sorted; just waiting for the OP to respond to my PM and send me his mailing address.....

Most reactions

Back