What's new

Peter Piper Picked a Peck of...

MyCameraEye

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
594
Reaction score
12
Location
Washington D.C. Metro Area
20050719095918_peppers.jpg
 
Now I want to pluck them off the screen and start preparing my Greek Farmer's Salad... with goat cheese and black olives and olive oil.... yummy!
Lighting is good. Did you use any SPECIAL set up, professional lamps or so? (Which I would not have, so I would either have to wait for the sun to shine through the windows, which won't happen again :er: today :grumpy:, or I would have to find a lamp light somewhere...) And what provided your clean white background (makes me think of children's books by DorlingKindersley).
 
I now have a light box and some lamps I bought at K-mart with 60-watt bulbs in them for shooting shots like this but at the time, I used my D70 and oriiginally setup using my SB-800 flash unit on my kitchen table. I used a few sheets of white paper both behind and under the subject but I was getting too many shadows so I brought it outside to my desk and used the suns light and used my sb-800 for fill flash. I used my Nikkor 60mm Macro f/2.8 lens to shoot this.

Scott
 
gorgeous colors... i would try diffusing the light a bit though... a homemade reflector or butter paper may work
thanks for sharing :D
 
Not sure what buetter paper is but your right, a little light difusion would be great on this shot. Now that I have a light box, I plan on re-shooting this shot soon, enxt time I get peppers.
 
Very nice composition! Love this one, and the light could be softened a bit. good job!:mrgreen:
 
Great job! Still lifes are soooo tricky!

Rob
 
I actually tried to take a shot like this the other day. I was actually IN Kroger, IN the produce section and after I got the shot off some guy tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to leave the store immediately.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom