Pets - The photographer's unsung assistant

Aloicious

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographywild.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was organizing some images recently and found it funny how my cat is the first one to know about any new gear I get because I'm always immediately in his face testing it out...what a trooper, here's a few test shots Ive taken of him over the last few years...

What is your go-to test subject for new equipment? feel free to share your test pics :D

Testing my old D90:
Bath.jpg~original

Testing my old D3s:
D3s-test.jpg~original

attempting to test my sigma 150:
004.jpg~original

testing wireless speedlight connectivity:
dramaticcatface.jpg~original

Testing some strobes:
Soft3point.jpg~original

Testing my old 300 f2.8 from 2 rooms away:
buckwheat_zps1e36578c.jpg~original

testing my sigma 35 art:
2_zps691ccf74.jpg~original

I just died from cuteness. Especially 3 and 5. I use my cat Summer as a tester. She is never amused about that.

I just died from cuteness. Especially 3 and 5. I use my cat Summer as a tester. She is never amused about that.

heh, post up some pics, this thread isn't really about technical quality or C&C or anything like that, just showing our equipment testing subjects

I love the 3rd photo! Both of my pups are my test subjects... Well my hubby is to but more so my pups! My younger pup is never happy when the camera comes out we call him the anti Barney (for anyone that watches How I Met Your Mother). However star loves to get her photo taken!
$Jax with hat.jpg$star in hat.jpg

heh, post up some pics, this thread isn't really about technical quality or C&C or anything like that, just showing our equipment testing subjects

Currently, I'm trying to work out that ISO, shutter, whatever triangle. Been struggling so Summer got to help me.

The pictures suck, but the cat rocks. (Just don't your cat that I think he is cuter, or Summer will kill me in my sleep)

$DSC_0611.jpg$DSC_0608.jpg$DSC_0606.jpg$DSC_0604.jpg$DSC_0603.jpg$DSC_0601.jpg$DSC_0600.jpg$DSC_0599.jpg$DSC_0597.jpg

Last edited:
That first cate is super cute

I am sorry to rain on your pet parade guys, but my first photographic promise to myself was never to shoot cats. Never, ever! To me cats are a symbol of a creative cul-de-sac. We all have to have some principles in our photography. For the lack of other I have this one. And it does work. But that's me, so you can safely ignore this post.
PS lime - I am not surprised you are not using cats as test subjects :wink:

I dont have any pets, but this guy mostly hangs around my balcony and so is my first choice for live test subjects.

Most reactions

Back