What's new

philadelphia cityscape

sean7488

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 5, 2010
Messages
247
Reaction score
9
Location
Lansdale, PA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2 i really like! Especially being from philly! I just think you need to take more and make sure you get them sharp. I love evening cityscape shots and try to take them myself. 2 looks sharp and definitely draws my eye in more
 
I would lower the skyline so it falls on the bottom 3rd. Especially for #2. Otherwise these are nice.
 
Not bad, but i feel like there is alot of empty sky in each photo.

Regards,
Jake
 
Sean7488 - On D-B-J's point the sky does look empty so what you can do is raise the skyline to the top 3rd and emphasize the water reflections.
 
Agree with the others here, a bit too much sky and the sharpness seems to be off on many of them. The road is an interesting addition, but doesn't quite do the job. The job being to lead the eye into the city, I feel it gets the closest in nr 3, but not quite.
 
Nice shots! Any chance you could let us know your location for the shoot, can you park there, and such. The only shots of Philly I have are from Camden NJ and would love to get some from the Philly side, was thinking of going to the art museum,but not sure.
 
I really like the tone in the first picture..
In my humble opinion, I would have either emphasized on orange-blue complements between the sky and the buildings or the reflection on the water. If both are to be emphasized, dividing the photo into 2 by positioning the horizon in the middle might have helped...
 
Nice shots! Any chance you could let us know your location for the shoot, can you park there, and such. The only shots of Philly I have are from Camden NJ and would love to get some from the Philly side, was thinking of going to the art museum,but not sure.

It's on the south street bridge, it's open now after being closed for some time. I actually did have some photos with there being more water than sky but they were out of focus due to the vibration of the bridge so I trashed them. I'm definitely going to be trying more seeing as how I just moved to the city but these were my first tries so thanks all for the suggestions and will implement them into my next try.
 
I really think you have picked an amazing spot for your photo, with the skyline on one side and the traffic on the other. Excellent job on that because I think thats the most important part. Colors are stunning. I agree with whats been said about the empty sky and you'll have to show us what you come up with when you go back for more shots.
 
nice shots, the night ones look good
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom