Phobias

graigdavis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have two phobias that I really dont think have a real phobia name. One is that when I go to drink out of a drinking fountain Im always affraid someone is going to bump into me or purposly hit my head down into the spicket part of the fountain. Bust up your teeth and lips and stuff.

The other is when Im walking or biking along a road, that someone will throw a bottle at me.

The first one is a long shot, but Im always a little scared to drink out of a fountain. Anyone else have any phobias? Any more weird than mine? :)

I'm terrified of snakes and spiders. Always have been.

I've got a partial fear of heights too. I can go up tall buildings, I love to fly, but put me 15 ft off the ground on a ladder hanging christmas lights, and I almost freeze up. I think part of it is what's underneath me. I don't have near as much of a problem climbing ladders on the side of the house (grass underneath me), it's being out over very hard concrete. :shrug: I'm weird.

Oh, and graig, I always worry about the drinking fountain thing too!

I'm afraid of heights, but I'm also somewhat of a mental masochist so it doesn't really keep me from partaking in activities with heights involved.
It makes my legs ache to be up high.

Oddly enough I was listening to the radio on the way home last night and they were talking about a guy who just published a dictionary of phobias. :shock:

Other People bleeding/getting hurt, If someone else gets any sort of cut, I can't stand it. Yet I think any sort of injury to myself is neat. Wierd I know.

I can't stand heights in buildings. Flying, mtn climbing, being on ladders, etc don't bother me, yet I feel like I'm going to piss my pants every time I get more than about 6 stories up in a building.

I hate elevators also, I won't use I've got to go way up in a building, I think the cable's going to snap and I'll go plummiting to my death. I guess you could say I have trust issues with man made structures.

I have a fear of falling off of big boats/ships into the water along the ship. I can swim quite well but on the rare occasion that I'm on a ship or ferry...I look down at the water rushing by and I'm scared of falling.

Having pet snakes and other reptiles, I find that a lot of people have irrational fears about them. I try to educate people and get them past some of their fear but I don't really mind if they don't want to have anything to do with my snakes. What really makes me angry is when ignorant politicians or people in power let their fear drive them to make rules and laws that are completely irrational.

Lots of apartment building will allow tenants to keep dogs, cats even birds. Animals that make noise, smell and that other people could be allergic too. But one mention that you have a small snake and they won't rent to you.

I am not a fan of spiders, but only truly get irrational about it when they're over my head - as if they're going to spring down on me at any moment. Can't deal with that.

My real, true, #1 psyche-out phobia is....clowns. Keep those painted bastards AWAY from me. Don't tell me they're harmless. Bastards will wait till your back is turned and stick a knife in you, and laugh. I tell you, they WILL!!

My friends have had to do "clown alert" when out with me for years.

terri said:
Keep those painted bastards AWAY from me.

That's the funniest thing I have read in a long time....my sides hurt....so good.

Thanks for the laugh...

Where exactly do you go that you need Clown Alerts? :scratch:

Sometimes Ill get up real early and go biking on trails. For 8 miles I go face first into spider webs. If you do that enough you will get over your fear of spiders real fast.

I would have to say hights, but if it looks like fun it wouldnt stop me...bee's and wasps I have a little thing about...something about getting stung just doesnt sound like fun....I have been stung 5 times by bees and at least 3 times by wasps...Im done..

LilCujo said:
I would have to say hights, but if it looks like fun it wouldnt stop me...bee's and wasps I have a little thing about...something about getting stung just doesnt sound like fun....I have been stung 5 times by bees and at least 3 times by wasps...Im done..

haha, I used to do land scaping. Getting stung multiple times every day was the norm. Some days you step on a nest and walk (run) away with a dozen stings. When your using a weed wacker you cant tell if its a bee sting or a rock got flung at you anyway.

graigdavis said:
LilCujo said:

haha, I used to do land scaping. Getting stung multiple times every day was the norm. Some days you step on a nest and walk (run) away with a dozen stings. When your using a weed wacker you cant tell if its a bee sting or a rock got flung at you anyway.

YIKES...well I guess if your not expecting it..then it doesnt hurt as much..something to that effect...Im not a big fan of pain, in fact I try to avoid it as much as posible ;)...although when you get hurt doing something you like you notice how you like to show it off..or is that just me?..

I dunno I started thinking about this one more..and I would have to say the thing I would be most afraid of ...and its worse then bees and little things that sting..would be of getting injured and not being able to play hockey again...that would be like one of thoes cold sweat dreams..blah...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back