photo class

c3fly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
just purchased a nikon n75. not used a camera like this since high school. would like info on this unit and the best setup for it. are there classes anywhere on the web? or should we just ask questions as they come up? :?

Check out your local photography store. I used to work for one in MN that gave a nice overview of photography in general and also specifics to your camera.

Does anyone know of any companies that sell video training on dvd or cd for photography? Companies like Total Training, VTC or Lynda.com?
Just curious, thanks.

George

Is this the info that you need for the N75?

Re. the school, NYIP has a fine home-based study course, which I am taking.

Im currently taking the NYIP courses. they are great.

you need to check out nikonusa.com

md

So is NYIP all its cracked up to be then? Their online freebie tips are good but the course is expensive so I've been hesitant...wondering if they would be helpful to more than a newbie camera person.

LizM said:
So is NYIP all its cracked up to be then? Their online freebie tips are good but the course is expensive so I've been hesitant...wondering if they would be helpful to more than a newbie camera person.

i love it and you can pay as you go.

md

MDowdey said:
LizM said:

i love it and you can pay as you go.

md

what are the lessons like? is the curriculum limited to the technical aspects of photography or does it delve into the artistic side too?

its everything toby. its technical meets artistic. plus they offer several ways for you to learn. some learn by doing, some learn by reading. and its cheap.

md

MDowdey said:
its everything toby. its technical meets artistic. plus they offer several ways for you to learn. some learn by doing, some learn by reading. and its cheap. md

Its cheap, its practical and you dont need to spend 4 years in college to learn what you need to know.

If you are thinking of a one time payment, its around US$700. if not, its about one grand which can be paid is VERY easy monthly installments.
So, do not let the fee deter anyone from joining NYIP.

danalec99 said:
MDowdey said:
its everything toby. its technical meets artistic. plus they offer several ways for you to learn. some learn by doing, some learn by reading. and its cheap. md

Its cheap, its practical and you dont need to spend 4 years in college to learn what you need to know.

If you are thinking of a one time payment, its around US$700. if not, its about one grand which can be paid is VERY easy monthly installments.
So, do not let the fee deter anyone from joining NYIP.

exactly. thanks dude, you took the words right outta my mouth.

md

Don't worry about classes, IMHO. There are plenty of resources on the net to cover for u the basics/tecnhical aspects about photography and after that, whether or not u will produce good images is up to u. Others simply can't teach u how to take good pics, it is a form of artistic expression. So, simply go out whenever u can, and shoot shoot shoot... u will definitely learn faster from the bad images that u took during the process, trust me. ;) I was learning it that way too so i know that path was good. :)

Also this is a very good site too. www.kenrockwell.com

Most reactions

Back