ArtByQJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artbyqj.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys!

I entered a photo contest for my apartment community. I have to pick something in my neighborhoods and take photo. I choose the Air Force Memorial because I always use it as a good visual clue. It's a very unassuming structure from afar but up close it's massive and very awesome.

To vote you can click on the link below, like Archstone then vote. Feel free to un-like the Archstone page after. I posted it yesterday vote count today is 3. I have until the 31st. Thanks for your support.

Air Force Memorial by Art by QJ, on Flickr
Click here to vote Offerpop on Facebook | Facebook

Quincy

Last edited:
I would raise the question ... if this is a contest from your apartment block, and assignment is 'something in the neighborhood' ... how many do you think are going to shoot this massive landmark?

Wait, you are asking TPF members to vote? For a photo you are entering in a "photo contest" for your community? For the winner to be chosen by the most number of votes?

Thats called a popularity contest

Wait, you are asking TPF members to vote? For a photo you are entering in a "photo contest" for your community? For the winner to be chosen by the most number of votes?

to be fair, he didnt explicitly state you had to vote for him.

Good eye there Sherlock, I don't believe I have ever seen a contest of any kind where someone said I "HAD" to vote

I would raise the question ... if this is a contest from your apartment block, and assignment is 'something in the neighborhood' ... how many do you think are going to shoot this massive landmark?

archstone has many different properties all over the country... people really aren't paying attention the most popular photo is a picture of a lady and a dog in a car not really the neighborhood. The street i live on is called columbia pike, and it's really long...the reason why I picked this to represent the neighborhood is because of this exchange that use to happen frequently...

Person: where do you live?
Me: arlington
Person: oooh where in Arlington,
me: pentagon city area, near 395, on columbia pike
Person: i think i know where that is
Me: well ... its next to the Air Force Memorial
person: OOOHHH i know where that is next to the pentagon

it really is the defining landmark in the area... (besides the actual pentagon which is at the end of my street)...but the pentagon is sooo huge saying you live next to it really means nothing because there's so much next to it...same goes with arlington cemetery which is right there too...

Good eye there Sherlock, I don't believe I have ever seen a contest of any kind where someone said I "HAD" to vote

Soooo...Joey did you or did you not vote? :lol: Don't you feel any obligation cause we're both canon users ... or that our states share the same name? :lmao:

Today was an okay day tally is at about 22 votes....I wonder if we can reach 30 before 3/25!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back