Photo Critique

Synax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got a canon 40d which is pretty old, but I've been messing around with it and thought I'd share what pictures I've taken and get some critique. Everybody has their own style but let's see what I can learn from more experience people.

Out of all of those I like the second one the most. For me.. it looks like a painting haha.

Attachments

• 146.JPG
    146.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 118
  • 157.JPG
    157.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    500.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2035.JPG
    IMG_2035.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 120
They're all quite nice. You should learn to straighten the crooked ones before showing them.

Thank you. Yeah I didn't edit any of them. They're all straight from the camera.

I really like the last two, the colours are interesting and beautiful. The two first pictures aren't really that interesting, they lack a subject or lines to direct eyes and they are a bit too dark IMO. If I were you I'd shoot multiple exposures of the stars and combine the pictures to make longer star tails. Or shoot a shorter exposure to eliminate them altogether. (this is just what I'd do, do not take my words as any guidelines) If I find any links about perspective and lines I'll put them here!

I agree - the second two are a lot stronger than the first two. They are a bit dark (and crooked, as has been mentioned) and the blue is a bit overwhelming. I like the stars as they are. I know star trails are hot these days and it's fun to play with, but ultimately, it's your artistic choice. Depends on what you want to "say" with the photograph.

3 & 4 for me as well.

I like 1, 3 & 4, a little editing could improve them allot. Others have said stuff already about the first two so, with 3 and 4, if you have the software, play with the temperatures a bit and see what you like and try a bit of noise reduction as-well.

Alright thank you for the feedback. The first two to me are cool, but it's somewhat overwhelming for me. The second two sort of give off the feeling of peacefulness if you know what i mean. I'm into this type of dark photography. Again, thought.. thanks for the feedback.

Most reactions

Back