Photo Critiques Site

ketan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

Can you guide me to a site where one can post the photos in order to improve photography through constructive (serious) critiques.. (may be a paid site)

Saw Flickr but most comments are just 'Great..Nice photo..excellent colors..etc'..

Thanks

Ketan

Try photoSIG » Main for some hard-nosed critique. They don't pull their punches there at all.

Thanks for the quick reply..unfortunately this site is 'blocked' by the ISP at UAE; probably has some objectionable contents.:(

Check my signature for a link to a post which outlines methods and ways to help get improved critique upon your photos (it works on any critique site).

Flickr itself is an image host not a critique site; however it does have some groups which are focused around giving quality critique (some of these are very good);though you have to do some searching around to find them.

The forums here also have many members willing to help out their fellow photographers with critique, there is also the mentor scheme which can offer a more focused one to one setup. The more you put into your posts the more chance that you'll get quality replies back and the more you are receptive, accepting and open to discussion the more you can help to nurture discussion around your photos and improve the depth of the content.

If you want more focused critique I would suggest finding any sites which have a very specific site focus - eg street - nature - sports photography. Sites which have an active population and which are focused around specific subjects or situations will often raise the bar (on average) for the quality within those subject areas and can provide more specific detail and help that more generalist sites (this is not suggesting that generalist forums cannot have such members, but only makes the point that such members are often spread out a lot more so sometimes it can be harder ot be seen by the right people.

I highly recommend 1x.com. They have a critique section under the learn. The photos that are posted there are typically stunning. Also, the critique guidelines are fairly strict. Keep in mind that you are expected to offer a critique to at least two other images before you are allowed to post your own image. And none cause of the critique guidelines, you can't just fudge it. The people critiquing are typically professionals, curators, etc...

Sent from my stone tablet using semaphores

Dear All,
Many thanks for all the replies.. I also googled an excellent such site offering structured critique by pros, but is obviously bit pricey @$8.95 per photo.

I am having a hard time getting the photo uploader to work. I get errors on it. Both versions.

I would try the critique section from here and see how that goes, worth the shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back