Photo Editing Advice

JB5000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What tools do you use for photo editing? Where do you go for info on photo editing tools?

I use Gimp and Darkroom which are open source software. You can download and use them for free. They are not mainstream applications and some view them as having a steep learning curve. I am a Linux user so this was what was available for me and I learned to use it. It was probably easier for me because I had no previous experience with the mainstream applications. There are many tutorials on Gimp and Darkroom which is very helpful. @ronlane mentioned the two most popular programs on the planet and tons more guidance on them.

I use Gimp and Darkroom which are open source software. You can download and use them for free. They are not mainstream applications and some view them as having a steep learning curve. I am a Linux user so this was what was available for me and I learned to use it. It was probably easier for me because I had no previous experience with the mainstream applications. There are many tutorials on Gimp and Darkroom which is very helpful. @ronlane mentioned the two most popular programs on the planet and tons more guidance on them.
Darktable and the Gimp here as well

I'll list a few I use:
• Photoshop CC 2015 & Lightroom CC 2105 (subscription)
• Topaz Labs (various)
• OnOne (various)
• Capture One Pro
• Photomatix Pro (HDR)
• Imagenomic Noiseware Pro
• Imagenomic Portraiture
• DeepSkyStacker (DSS)
• Iris (Astronomical images processing)

Most reactions

Back