Photo editing help?

aurrasing

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First off... My computer wasn't hooked up to the internet so the photos will be uploaded tomorrow because I'm about to take the child trick or treating...

I got a lot of help on this forum before about how to use a camera. Lol I know kind of understand. But trying to use 4 ferrets is extremely hard. I got 1.. maybe 2 out of "millions" that turned out maybe useable for a Christmas card. Only issue is there's 1 ferret in both pictures that has a blurryish face because they move a lot. I don't have a photo editing program so if I upload a bunch of pictures to flickr can someone de-blur the face? Or put a different face on them from another picture? Add falling snow?

Also I brought other pictures to a photo place to get them printed and they came out dark but they're not like that on my computer. I didn't want to complain because I work across from this place and Id feel awkward everytime I look over. Should I go to a different print place or is it possible my photos that are dark? I will post those on Flickr too.

Well happy Halloween! I will post tomorrow!! :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If you Google Free Photo Editing software, a lot of good ones will come up. Plus it depends how blurred the image actually is too.

I'll have to look into that but before I do, is this even fixable? I don't think it is. I'll have to set up the "set" better and spend another couple hours trying to get 1 good photo [emoji21].

_MG_4864

I'll have to look into that but before I do, is this even fixable? I don't think it is. I'll have to set up the "set" better and spend another couple hours trying to get 1 good photo [emoji21].

_MG_4864

Just had a look at the image, your shutter speed of 1/30 was too slow so you need to have it higher.

If I go higher the photo is to dark. I don't have good enough lighting and I suck at using a camera. If I add lights they will just be interested in knocking them down. Ferret life is hard.

If I go higher the photo is to dark. I don't have good enough lighting and I suck at using a camera. If I add lights they will just be interested in knocking them down. Ferret life is hard.

Can or could you get hold of a tripod as that might help ?

It's them that move. I can't use a phone or a point and shoot to get a picture of them. I'll just figure out some lighting and re try on Monday

It's them that move. I can't use a phone or a point and shoot to get a picture of them. I'll just figure out some lighting and re try on Monday

When you do manage to get a good image your happy with, I look forward to seeing it.

The blur you're seeing is a combination of motion blur and DOF. As Dave mentioned 1/30 on the shutter is to slow. 1/125 or above is going to be a must. The other thing is DOF you need to get the aperture up depending on how close you are, so all of them will be in focus. At ISO 1600 you're already introducing noise into the image and without software to remove, it will show in a print. Like most critters I am assuming they would be less active after they've eaten, so you might shoot accordingly. Light is also a necessity. If you don't have off camera lights, then your best bet is to wait for a sunny day and set up next to a window. Use large white foam core boards to reflect window light back into the shadows. If the sun coming in is to harsh, use white sheer material to soften and diffuse it.

Also I brought other pictures to a photo place to get them printed and they came out dark but they're not like that on my computer. I didn't want to complain because I work across from this place and Id feel awkward everytime I look over. Should I go to a different print place or is it possible my photos that are dark? I will post those on Flickr too.

Your photo is far too dark, the printing place printed it correctly. Just to give you an idea I downloaded your image and here is the histogram against the lightest tone in the image:

ex1 copy.jpg

I can't stress enough just how ambiguous viewing on a computer screen is, your eye compensates for brightness but the printer must print to the actual colour as described by the actual colour co-ordinates in the file. Which as you can see are little above middle grey.

It takes a fair bit of practice to be able to see and judge images even on a calibrated computer screen as you rarely see them correctly.

I am trying again tomorrow if I'm not still sick. I haven't had a voice for 2 days now :(

I am going to figure out more light. I am also going to put them in they're cage and set it up and add Christmas balls or something. They LOVE new things so the second I release them they will run to the balls to check them out so that will give me a 2-4min chance to get something good. I'm going to take your advice on adjusting everything and do test shots before they see the balls.

I am very interested in that lense now. I don't really like spending money on my camera.. lol it's (I think)12 years old and I'm not interested in being a photographer... Just a crazy ferret lady :D but I mean.. look at them!!! How can you not want to cover your house in photos of those fuzzy faces!!!

I just learned what raw means lol my boyfriend kept telling me to shoot in raw but only because he heard that term and doesn't understand what it is. Adobe Lightroom looks like a lot of fun to play with. Any advice on that would be very much welcomed.

Most reactions

Back