photo editing software

chickpea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Don't hate...I've been trying to find a post here on photo editing software recommendations. Can you point me in the right direction or can anyone give me some advice on what is a good one for a newbie that will be good to 'grow with' if you know what I mean?
Thanks in advance...

photoshop/lightroom/aperture

Gimp = Free -- a lot of newbs start here
Paint.net = Free -- don't hear much of this program around here, but I've used it before, it's decent.
Photoshop Elements = slightly advanced
Photoshop CS5 = very advanced

Thanks for the suggestions anyone have opinions b/w Lightroom and Aperture, those seem to be the front runners?

Photoshop is the industry standard. Lightroom was built to be used in addition to photoshop. Aperture is Mac only, so if you have a PC, Aperture is not an option. Gimp is free and Photoshop Elements is a cheap introduction to some of what photoshop can do. There are demos of the adobe software. Try them out and see which works best for you.

This link goes nowhere???

Sorry, it did yesterday when I clicked on it. There are a bunch of threads just like yours if you use your thread title as the search term in the forum's Search feature: "photo editing software".

This same question gets asked a couple of times every week.

Most reactions

Back