Photo Effects ???????

Well in PS i make the photo B&W and then I would select the object I wanted to colorize and then I would change the Hues to bring out the color again. There are soooooooo many ways to do it but that is the easiest.

I know many others will give you other ideas on how to do it too.

I also noticed you have Microsoft Digital Imaging. In that program you want to make the photo B&W and then select the item you want to colorize and then under filters there is an option to colorize. Then it gives you an option of colors to use.

I hope this helps.

In PS3, you carefully make a selection around the glasses (with magnetic lasso for example), and then click on Select > Inverse. Then go to Image > Adjustments > Desaturate, or create a layer mask of Hue/Saturation and drag the saturation slider all the way to the left. You may want to strengthen the contrast of the B&W portion to enhance the image.

I am confused by your wording. Are you are asking us to do something or showing us what you did?

If you are showing us your attempt, I think the image you chose doesnt have enough of the wine glasses showing to make an impact. And its also a very small element in a wide angle image of 4 people toasting.

Also, selective coloring is not something that is particularly interesting unless its done in a very unique way, and only in certain circumstances where its obvious that it enhances the image (just my opinion).

but for a wedding photo, isnt it sort of more common? i know i've seen a few wedding shots with selective coloring that came out very nice

let me explain, i have a large dj service, i started photography a year ago. i have handled 7 wedding shootings. i posted a help wanted position for shooting. one guy sent me a few samples. im trying to figure out how he did this before i interview his in a few days. so i dont look so bad. than after knowing a little about the effect, i am going to ask him more about this technique. the thing is he makes it not totally B&W.

sorry, the 2 photographers i choose were awful. all the photos were very grainy, bad lighting. and were all film. i hate when they show you their album, but none of your photos look good. lol

I am confused by your wording. Are you are asking us to do something or showing us what you did?

If you are showing us your attempt, I think the image you chose doesnt have enough of the wine glasses showing to make an impact. And its also a very small element in a wide angle image of 4 people toasting.

Also, selective coloring is not something that is particularly interesting unless its done in a very unique way, and only in certain circumstances where its obvious that it enhances the image (just my opinion).

if he used aperture on a mac computer, then they have their own program on it that you can take away all the green or blue or red, so on. or you can make the blues, yellows reds ect.. more vibrant. you don't have to select anything. thats why all his images aren't completely black and white. it only takes away the colors you tell it to, not all of them.

i don't know if that helps any.

here is a color isolation that I did. I have the link bookmarked at home, it was a pretty good step by step instruction on 5 different methods in photoshop of isolating colors. I'll put up the link when I get home
Xmasbeer.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back