Photo for c&c if you please

Michaelintraining

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, here's a shot i took a week or two back. After editing and such this is the final result and i'm happy with it what do you think?
DSC001211_-2_-3_tonemapped.jpg

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
The photo is really dark. REALLY dark. I'd say the subject needs some fill flash imo imho tbqh.

OP
Michaelintraining

Michaelintraining

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photobucket.com
Photos OK to edit
Thanks, only problem is that if i used a flash my camera will only sync to a certain speed. Therefore the subject would appear blurry. So i had to opt for a darker picture instead

Nod

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
The photo info says that you used ISO 200, it might have helped to go to 400 on this shot.

bazooka

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.dirtjournal.com
Photos OK to edit
To me, it's somewhat confusing... on my monitor it's almost a silhouette and it looks like he's racing a wheelchair with handlebars downhill because the form of the bike is lacking depth and I expect the front wheel to be off the ground, not the back wheel. So my mind wants to make both wheels parallel and one is just larger than the other. I realize this is not the case, but I can see it either way.

SwissJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
it looks like he's racing a wheelchair with handlebars...... my mind wants to make both wheels parallel and one is just larger than the other.
I see the same thing.

Yep, it's too dark... needs more ISO.

OP
Michaelintraining

Michaelintraining

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photobucket.com
Photos OK to edit
Sorry about the light guys, next time i'll try and get it better.

Bazooka i understand why it's probably confusing as he is doing a trick over the ground where you try and get the bike as sidewards as possible.
Thanks for all your comments though

reznap

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks, only problem is that if i used a flash my camera will only sync to a certain speed. Therefore the subject would appear blurry. So i had to opt for a darker picture instead

Not exactly, the flash freezes motion. A typical "flash" only lasts about 1/1000th of a second.

I do like your picture though, dark or not. The warm light on the path is really nice looking.

OP
Michaelintraining

Michaelintraining

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photobucket.com
Photos OK to edit
When i use a flash though i am forced to use no more than 1/160th of a second though. Most pictures of bikers that i take are then blurred whereas this picture was taken at 1/500th of a second. Thanks for your comment though.

page_tyson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Great shot. I love the lighting on it too. And I'm pretty sure the guy on the bike wiped out right after the picture.

OP
Michaelintraining

Michaelintraining

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photobucket.com
Photos OK to edit
No he was fine. Watch this if you have time and its exactly what he was doing [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APcl3BGKkms&feature=related[/ame]

lunaaa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
i like the way there's light in the right side of the photo while it's left side is darker,so behind him is lighted while the path infront of him is darkened.

reznap

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
When i use a flash though i am forced to use no more than 1/160th of a second though. Most pictures of bikers that i take are then blurred whereas this picture was taken at 1/500th of a second. Thanks for your comment though.

:facepalm:

Most reactions

ClickASnap