Photo gear and flying.

ahcigar1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm going to be flying cross country in a couple of months and want to bring some of my camera equipment with me. Problem is I can't decide what to bring because I am such a what if type person and need to travel as lightly as possible because will also be traveling with a squirmy 6 month old baby as well. And checking is not an option for me with my camera. I have someone who is going to want me to photograph their stable and horses for their website, and I will also be photographing a high school sports game as well. So what would you all suggest bringing? Do you think just my 70-200 would suffice for everything or should I also bring my 12-24 lens as well? Granted I'm going to also have to be packing my tripod and monopod for this trip in my luggage. What would you all suggest would be my easiest option? Also taking into consideration all my gear that I do take will have to be removed from its bag for inspection through security.

I'd take both the 70-200 and 12-24. I can't imagine only having a 70-200; it'd be pretty constricting.

That being said, we travel with lots of gear. As long as you have a bag that's within the carryon specs, you can get a load of gear on a plane with you. I haven't had my gear inspected by hand since I shot film and I would make a stink about it being x-rayed.

Thank you for your response Tim. I do have a bag that can carry all my equipment and be a carryon but naturally it gets fairly heavy and so want to try to limit down to the basics that will be needed and no more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back