Photo: Newborn

Sontizzle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this is my 6 day old baby girl Kyleigh. ive never photographed a baby before so i know its not great. she really hates being out of her blanket and it shows in the photo. would of turned out alot better if she wasnt being fussy.

im not a professional, i hardly ever pick up my camera anymore but here it is.

3109039457_4326c7aeec.jpg

it doesnt give me the warm fuzzies. Baby looks cold and angry and blue (fingers)

Congratulations, Sontizzle!
I didn't know you were becoming a father! Have you told us at any time earlier?
So Big Mike had his boy on 10 December, you had your girl ... on almost the same day?
At only 6 days old, she cannot have liked to be taken out of her blanket, but I still like the idea of putting her on top of the mirror (and I assume it was as briefly as possible only!) for the photo. And I like the fact that she's not wearing anything. Not even nappies/diapers.

I think you could transition her to the mirrior without getting her upset. Try putting something (heating pad) to warm it up, feed the baby, lay her doen and slowly unwrap the blanket. Have mom right by to cover between shots. I think softer lighting would be nice here as well.

Sorry I didnt say it in my first, but congrats! You will have lots of reasons to shoot from now on!!

Congratulations, Sontizzle!
I didn't know you were becoming a father! Have you told us at any time earlier?
So Big Mike had his boy on 10 December, you had your girl ... on almost the same day?
At only 6 days old, she cannot have liked to be taken out of her blanket, but I still like the idea of putting her on top of the mirror (and I assume it was as briefly as possible only!) for the photo. And I like the fact that she's not wearing anything. Not even nappies/diapers.
she was born on the 8th. the mom laid her down, i fired off 3 shots changing my shutter speed to get a better exposure then she was right back in the blanket. she was laying there maybe 10 seconds max.

heres a picture of her where shes semi happy

3111857031_0522e2e796.jpg

Oh what a little princess!! She is a beauty! The first shot reminds me a lot of Anne Geddies. And shows just how tiny she is. Congrats on your new baby! Enjoy her, they grow up so fast!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back