Photo of a Photo -so clear- is my daughter lying?

I was thinking that until he mentioned the "drug abusing boyfriend".

Id say the upbringing was pretty horrible if it went that far, so too late to correct anything :(

At least in my experience and from families i know you either have kids with great parents and no trouble or kids with bad parents and lots and lots of problems. As far as i remember limitation hasnt solved a single problem yet. Just my 2c.

Anyway its a photoforum :blushing: so im quitting this (imho) silly thread. My advice is be honest with you kids, limit thier freedom as little as possible and talk to them if you think there is a problem. You will get great results in return :thumbup:

really really hate to continue this into the world of off-topic as it is a photography forum... however...
whether it's a picture of a picture or not, you might want to question why she wants to include a picture of her supposedly ex-boyfriend. if she just needs a picture of her for her facebook page, why not just use the camera and take a pic of herself rather than use an "old" pic that includes a guy from her past? seems kinda weird to me either way.

again, sorry to keep going in the off-topic world but teen girls are slippery creatures, you have to keep your eyes on them.

This is about PHOTOGRAPHY, not about parenting!!! Keep that in mind. Please.

And Max, I never even attempted to let my photos of the photos on the posters of my exhibition pass as original photos - but here_is_a_random_example of a photo of photos taken with a "point and shoot" (Canon Powershot A95). Well, I hope you can get to it, it's taken off my blogger-account, which might not work... but I tried.

Oops. Well, I was afraid that might happen ... *sigh* ... go to my blogspot, address in my profile, and look in the September and October installments. The photos become bigger when you click them.

Is it possible? Yes.

Is it likely? Probably not.

Should your parenting techniques matter to anyone on this board? No

What about hairstyles? Clothing? These things should be visible clues as to what YEAR the photo was taken.

Wait a tic... how did you get metadata from the print if she didn't have it as a JPG? Why would she need to take a picture of a print if she already had access to a JPG?

As far as messing with the data, it sure is easy. Your camera has a clock, and its easy to reset or manipulate to any date you'd like I imagine.

It's not a photo of a photo. You can't do copy work, even mediocre copy work, with a digital point-and-shoot.

Dont be ridiculous. Of course you can. Its not exactly "copy work" when your talking myspace quality pictures... Did she take of a photo of a photo, probably not... can it be done? Of course it can.

At least in my experience and from families i know you either have kids with great parents and no trouble or kids with bad parents and lots and lots of problems.

Ah, someone doesn't have much experience.

Parenting directly affects your children, but to think that excellent parenting completely innoculates your children from the evils of this world is dangerous and untrue.

That said, without posting the picture, there's no way anyone here can help you. Can it be done? Sure it can, especially at web resolution. Was it? I don't know. You should probably do more digging with your daughter. I suggest you ask her to reproduce the photograph again. If she's capable of doing it once, she's capable of doing it twice. If she suddenly lost the photo or something, I'd be wary.

As far as I know, you can't change EXIF data (meta data as you called it). I could be wrong though.

Absolutely EXIF data can be changed or edited... ANYTHING digital can be changed or edited if you know what you are doing.

Realistically, however, you do actually need to know what you are doing to edit it... and 99.99 percent of the people who are not photographers don't even know EXIF data exists, let alone how to change it. Heck, a lot of newer photography enthusiasts don't know what the data is or how to change it.

I am guessing that unless the girl in question is:

A) a photographer
B) who knows quite a bit about the "bones" of digital photography
C) who knows that EXIF data exists
D) who knows that it can indeed be edited
E) who knows she NEEDS to edit the data to try to fool dad
F) who know HOW to edit the data
G) who has the time to edit the data...

Ok, you can see how far downfield this is getting for your average 17 year old... pretty darned far downfield...

I am thinking that, for whatever reason, the EXIF data is likely valid. I don't know the answer to your question, but my list points out a series of very unlikely event combinations in an average high school aged kid.

Possible? Almost anything is possible.

Likely? Not in my book, but that is simply a guess.

With Northern daylight and those values you should be able to get some decent shots given enough attempts.

The cloths, hairstyle etc. would be your best bet though.

Good luck if you venture back to read this.

To those of you that think that he needs to back off, I suggest you try rearing a child before giving advice. Especially if there is a good possibility of having to rear the grand child and still house the child at the same time when you should be getting ready for your retirement. The kids/grand kids won't be doing it for you as they will still be struggling to grow up and pay their own bills when you reach SS age.

To those of you that think that he needs to back off, I suggest you try rearing a child before giving advice. Especially if there is a good possibility of having to rear the grand child and still house the child at the same time when you should be getting ready for your retirement. .

Which in essence, would suck about as much as getting it in the rear

Most reactions

Back