Photo of a Photo -so clear- is my daughter lying?

She claims it was a photo of her at a party a year prior, and she just took a photo of the print since she didnt have a scanner and wanted to put it on her facebook page.

Just ask to see the original photo that she "took a picture of". If she kept it from a year ago, it probably has some sentimental value, and she should be able to produce it rather quickly...along with similar pictures from the same outing. If she can produce those similar pictures relatively quickly (ie she doesn't have to shut the door and mask the noise of the photo printer printing up a batch of photos), she is probably telling the truth. Otherwise, I'd be suspicious myself.

As for a 17 year old editing the exif data, remember that a lot of "kids" now-a-days are a lot more technically savvy than the oldsters. If she's got both the photog bug and an itching to be on myspace, it's not that far fetched to assume that she both knows about exif data, and how to do a google search to find an exif editor.

I believe this is very possible depending on how well it was done and if she played with levels and contrast later in photoshop....Some pretty deep digging just to prove your right about a photo though...why dont you just ask her to show you how she did it and see if it comes out looking just as good?

i think that the OP is beeing too invasive of his daughters privacy. My parents have always given me my space, and for the most part "left me alone" and i turned out great. I'm not a drug addict, i do fine in school, i'm going to a nice college as a tech major and i hang out with good people. Yeah, the parents have a lot to do with how their kids turn out, but i dont know if snooping through their stuff and going to these lengths is doing ANYONE a favor. Good parenting usually results in well behaved kids... maybe its not ALL her fault that shes hanging out with these people... i dont know. but you just sound really creepy going this far and analyzing her photos and everything. my parents would never do that, and they respect me, as i do them.

DELETED

(Corina is correct, my comment was directed to rearing our children, not photography. I have deleted my post.)

innocent unless proven guilty, don't assume the worst... it is your child afterall have some faith in her

innocent unless proven guilty, don't assume the worst... it is your child afterall have some faith in her

I thought we were to comment on the OP's question related to photography. As a parent I kept track of our kids, still do and they are adults. And I can go on and refute every reason I shouldn't.

BTW, to stay on topic, yes it could have been a copy, but no, I don't believe it was a copy. The evidence is against it. You have every reason to be suspicious.

we cant tell you if its a copy unless we see it. everyone is just arguing over something we have no idea about really

I personally find it somewhat more suspicious now, 24 hours after this thread has been started, that the OP has been active on our forums ONCE. Only ONCE. That is exactly the moment he posted his quest. Never again... What did he ask us his question for when he has never shown any interest in the replies later?

Think about that - and leave this thread well alone as of now. We might be getting our legs pulled...

Thanks for the info Corina. Yes, we very well might. I would say with high probability we were.

actually, i was reading all the replies daily since i posted. i wasnt sure what OP meant the first time it was mentioned, but it just occurred to me now that it probably means "original poster"--> me?

Thank you for the technical replies, those not pertaining to parenting, that is. this is exactly the input i was looking for. unfortunately, i dont think it would be prudent to post the actual photos here as requested by some. I will take your advice on comparing the print photo to the jpg file.

thanks

actually, i was reading all the replies daily since i posted. i wasnt sure what OP meant the first time it was mentioned, but it just occurred to me now that it probably means "original poster"--> me?

Thank you for the technical replies, those not pertaining to parenting, that is. this is exactly the input i was looking for. unfortunately, i dont think it would be prudent to post the actual photos here as requested by some. I will take your advice on comparing the print photo to the jpg file.

thanks

Woudlnt have to be the whole photo, what we would really need is like a corp foused on some part of the photo, be it a knee cap or a table.

i think that the OP is beeing too invasive of his daughters privacy.

Kids have no privacy.. adults do.

My parents have always given me my space, and for the most part "left me alone" and i turned out great. I'm not a drug addict, i do fine in school, i'm going to a nice college as a tech major and i hang out with good people.

Good for you... (I hate it when people use ONE example and apply it to the general in a discussion)

Yeah, the parents have a lot to do with how their kids turn out, but i dont know if snooping through their stuff and going to these lengths is doing ANYONE a favor. Good parenting usually results in well behaved kids...

GRR... been biting my tongue through this whole thread!!!!

NO. it results in the likely hood of well behaved kids. Kids do still get into trouble.... sometimes big time. As a parent it is your responsibility to be there to set them straight when a mistake is being made. No way to meet that responsibility unless you are a "Nosey" parent.

I grew up with kids with SO much future and opportunity with the strong family and parenting to back it up. We all have the similar backgrounds and upbringing. Not all of us made it. One that did was a brother of another that didn't (1 year or so apart in age)...

My cousin grew up in-between homes after the family split up. A lot of his friends including him were headed down a very dangerous path. He found himself in religion (I myself am not religious but I support him) and kicked himself into shape by enlisting into the military. He's doing very well ... I'm proud of him.

I could list on and on and on.... As a father, I know that good parenting only provides guidance and the tools to be a good person. It doesn't gaurantee anything and it is getting more and more complex /difficult each day. This is a scary fact that parents who are trying their best have to face each day.

BTW>. I used to think like you... "leave me alone" dad.. I have my privacy. That all changed the day I became a father.

Just to give my two cents:

*** ****** ** *******, *** ******! *******, ** *** ******** *** **** *******. ********* ***-***** ****!!!

I hope I did not offend anyone with this

Most reactions

Back