Photo School

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
The kids bullied me tonight, not satisfied with being on steam trains and stuff today, they still wanted more!

They forced me to take them out to take photographs - trouble is, they wanted to take em :(

So off we went, one of my sons had a plan to go to his friends, so I dropped him off then went looking for inspiration - where to go???? it started raining, and was really dull, but I saw a light out west, so west we headed. We ended up in a little village called Minster Lovell which is a peaceful and serene little village as long as RAF Brize Norton is not launching many planes, and went to the village church.

I actually had a play with my Rollei tonight, which was different to say the least, but thats gonna be a while to see what comes out of it, in the meantime, here are the digital captures....

My son Brad grabbed a hold of the Practika - it has some really out of date film in it, so I'm not sure how his shots will come out

brad.jpg

My daughter Phoebe wasn't satisfied with the old olympus that I normally throw their way, and made off with the S45

feeb.jpg

Phoebe's first shot

p1.jpg

And another

crutch.jpg

A sly one from her

me.jpg

and a couple from me

grave.jpg

manor.jpg

They want to do it again tomorrow, so watch this space....

A very talented family! I really like this series and the story behind it! Look forward to seeing more from you AND the kids :thumbsup:

You're kids look adorable, and they are talented!! Great work :)

Kids always get better shots then me.

The last one is too dark, could it possible be a bit lighter? and good work!

isn't it the best feeling when your family also shares your love of photography? results in some of the best times shared. great series - i like them all....your daughter is so cute! can't wait to see the rest.

I love the second shot. Its really captures the mischievous look on your daughters face as she makes off with the camera.
Great series of shots.

A very cool photostory!
cute kids! looks like talent runs in the family ;)
Love Phoebe's first shot ... very cool
look forward to more :D

Congratulations to Phoebe on her sly one ;) :D

And on the one of the church as well!!! That one is really good. I would have liked for her to catch a crow in her photo, then she would have achieved what so many of us are so far trying in vain (except for one). But alas! it was not to be.

Both look lovely in your photos of them, your son framing his picture, and Phoebe's endearing smile in the second. Very nice.

I shall be watching this space! ;) Since you're posting right now, your Sunday photo excursion might be over and you'll soon add new ones to these!?!?!?!?

Phoebe has good taste in Camera choice. :mrgreen:

Was her first shot of the church taken with the S45?

Wow, thanks all for your comments.

Eric, he is nine, so if he progresses the same as you that will be good enough for me!

Arty, the dark one was metered for the sky, as it was pretty dull and overcast at that point, so the effect I wanted was to get a silhouette with a bit of a moody sky - it was darker than that, I dodged out the small graves there, think it could do with a bit more, or a reshoot in better light - there's definately a good shot around there.

Phoebe is really happy with her work, and was up really early this morning badgering me to put the computer on so she could see them - so all day she's been asking when we can go again, but it's been raining pretty heavy - it's cleared now, so after dinner we may go for a walk into the park and have another go.

Better go eat, LaFoto has instructed me that I must ;)

Thanks again everyone. :D

Xmetal said:
Phoebe has good taste in Camera choice. :mrgreen:

Was her first shot of the church taken with the S45?

It was indeed - I've had it for a couple of years now, only reason I upgraded was because I wanted easier and better control over focussing - the manual focus on it is a best-guess really, but it's a lovely camera other than that.

Cheers!

I am so happy you shared these. :heart: The kids are adorable, and did a great job on their first bit of "schooling". :lol: I'll definitely be watching for some more - from all of you!

Most reactions

Back