Photo shoot

DAMgoodimages

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
O tomorrow I have a photo shoot in my room :) with my friend .. I am going to use a black back drop and my 2 soft boxes what color clothes should she wear??

depends... what colors look best on her? Is she blond, brunette, redhead, etc? Pale, tanned, etc? Are you going to light the background at all, or leave it totally black? Are you going to rimlight her.. or at least use a hairlight?

She is a brunette.. And tanned skin.. I am going to have a soft box high pointing down at her face and hair and another one low on her body.. I will have the back light up a little

Let her pick.. anything but black.. and probably not a dark brown or dark gray.... go for contrasts. What color are her eyes? Matching her eyes can sometimes be a good choice.. or contrasting with her eyes if they are dark.

Ask her to bring a variety of clothes.
jeans + white t
black shirt can work nice on black background if light well
red dress
whatever...

variety is key, mix and match, have fun.

Her eyes are dark

Any color that looks good on her then.. except for dark colors (unless you know how to handle background separation! then you can do dark too)

bigtwinky said:
Ask her to bring a variety of clothes.
jeans + white t
black shirt can work nice on black background if light well
red dress
whatever...

variety is key, mix and match, have fun.

I will I'll have her bring different clothes and I will thank you:)

So my photo shoot was fun:) if you want to check it out search DAM Images on Facebook:) my profile pic is black and white :) thank you guys for all your help

You should start a new thread here with some of your favorite photos for C&C :)

I would have suggested dark clothes, and certainly not bright clothes.

The reason is that when you are looking at a photo, your eye naturally goes right to that brightest areas and/or the areas of greatest contrast. So if the shots are meant to be portraits (she is the subject), then by matching (keying) the clothing to be similar to the background, you let the person's skin/face stand out and become the place where the viewer's eye is attracted most.

So if you have a dark background and dark clothing, that is a low-key image. If you have a bright background and bright clothing, that is a high-key image. Both are very good techniques for portraits.

Now, if the subject of the photo is the clothing, then you want the clothing to contrast from the background.

Most reactions

Back