gigi -
from myself and all the graphic designers in the world...please please please please do NOT design your logo in Photoshop. It is a pixel based program and only intended for images and such. Use a vector based program such as Illustrator. You can download a 30 day trial of CS5 now and that is the program of choice.
When it comes down to it, when you build any kind of logo in PS it will look like one big blur when enlarged. If you build it in illustrator (or similar program) you can make it the size of a football field and not lose any image quality.
BTW I am also in Arkansas and would help you with C&C, professional advice (I am a college educated designer with 12 years of experience) and my own opinion. However, I can't build it for you for free
I would suggest taking an hour or so at Barnes and Noble, grabbing a couple "best of the best logo books" (found in the art section) and a cup of coffee and thumb through them and sketch down some ideas you come up with.
Remember, logos work best when simple. If you have any questions or want to contact me, you can PM me at your leisure.