Photo taken with a Nikon Coolpix point and shoot

annamaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This photo was taken with a Nikon point and shoot camera, while I was driving on the way back from work on a country road in 2011, of course I slowed down and put my flashers on. I believe I had it on landscape mode, here are the properties: F-stop f/3.1 exposure 1/250 and ISO 125. I don't know much about settings yet need to learn more about it. I did not do any processing at all. I am a noob on here, my first time posting a photo. I received a dslr recently. Any comments welcome, just be gentle with me. :) Editing allowed.

Attachments

• $RSCN0929.JPG
    $RSCN0929.JPG
    563.9 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
They say the best camera is the one you have with you.
This is a nice capture with some pleasing elements to it.
The compositions is such that it would have been significantly improved without the brown house in the frame.
I suspect you saw only the barn as you composed this.
Clone out the brown house and you've got a wall hanger.

Keep shooting. :)

They say the best camera is the one you have with you. This is a nice capture with some pleasing elements to it. The compositions is such that it would have been significantly improved without the brown house in the frame. I suspect you saw only the barn as you composed this. Clone out the brown house and you've got a wall hanger. Keep shooting. :)
Thank you sleist for your comment I appreciate it. I will need to learn how to clone. I was given Photoshop Elements 7 by a friend and will soon install and learn.

They say the best camera is the one you have with you. This is a nice capture with some pleasing elements to it. The compositions is such that it would have been significantly improved without the brown house in the frame. I suspect you saw only the barn as you composed this. Clone out the brown house and you've got a wall hanger. Keep shooting. :)
Thank you sleist for your comment I appreciate it. I will need to learn how to clone. I was given Photoshop Elements 7 by a friend and will soon install and learn.

The best way to "clone" is to recognize problems with the composition before you shoot. ;)
As you get more experience, you will learn to make these adjustments so there is less to fix in post processing.

The best way to "clone" is to recognize problems with the composition before you shoot. ;) As you get more experience, you will learn to make these adjustments so there is less to fix in post processing.

You are absolutely right! I guess it was kind of tricky for me being in the car and trying to hurry before a car showed up lol.

Sometimes it's hard to know if what you are seeing is worth a photo, let alone potentially risking a traffic accident.

In this case, we see a good composition, and an even better one. I think sometimes we get so caught up in our own world that we don't take the time to see everything. If you had it to do over again, you might have safely stopped the car in a drive or off the road. Walk around to where the scene makes sense to you. Take not just one picture, but several. Try different compositions and bracket your shots.

Sometimes it's hard to know if what you are seeing is worth a photo, let alone potentially risking a traffic accident. In this case, we see a good composition, and an even better one. I think sometimes we get so caught up in our own world that we don't take the time to see everything. If you had it to do over again, you might have safely stopped the car in a drive or off the road. Walk around to where the scene makes sense to you. Take not just one picture, but several. Try different compositions and bracket your shots.
Definitely safety first. Next time will look for a safe place to park. ;) Thank you for your advice and comment much appreciated. I will try to take more time to compose the shots. Don't know much about bracketing still learning. Will have to read about that. Forgot to mention if memory serves me right I took the shot through the windshield.

This photo was taken with a Nikon point and shoot camera, while I was driving on the way back from work on a country road in 2011, of course I slowed down and put my flashers on. I believe I had it on landscape mode, here are the properties: F-stop f/31, exposure 1/250 and ISO 125. I don't know much about settings yet need to learn more about it. I did not do any processing at all. I am a noob on here, my first time posting a photo. I received a dslr recently. Any comments welcome, just be gentle with me. :)

TPF's best-kept secret.
fiufiu.gif

Having the flash turned off was a good move, shooting through glass as you were.

This shot might be somewhat "improved" by cropping and/or cloning. Since you have not specified if we may edit your photos, I am not taking the liberty.

Having the flash turned off was a good move, shooting through glass as you were. This shot might be somewhat "improved" by cropping and/or cloning. Since you have not specified if we may edit your photos, I am not taking the liberty.

I forgot to add it to my settings, but will need to do that on my computer, but it's off now. Yes you can edit.

Having the flash turned off was a good move, shooting through glass as you were. This shot might be somewhat "improved" by cropping and/or cloning. Since you have not specified if we may edit your photos, I am not taking the liberty.

I forgot to add it to my settings, but will need to do that on my computer, but it's off now. Yes you can edit.

Camera Maker: NIKON
Camera Model: COOLPIX L22
Image Date: 2011-01-05 15:36:00 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 6.72mm (35mm equivalent: 37mm)
Aperture: f/3.1
Exposure Time: 0.0040 s (1/250)
ISO equiv: 125
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: program (Auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No (enforced)
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Comment:

......Editing allowed.

My take:

RSCN0929Edit.jpg

Rotated image, cloned out the house on right as well as the power lines, set black & white points, put a slight S into the curve, then cropped. I would have sharpened it a bit, but since it was shot through glass it's too fuzzy. Perhaps an oil-painting preset.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back