Photobucket "hacked" ?

Don Kondra

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
donkondra.weebly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone else still being redirected to another site?

The biggest bummer is I get the dreaded red X when viewing posts with images linked to Photobucket, sigh...

Cheers, Don

I grabbed a couple quick screen caps

Picture5-4.jpg

http://www.picaroni.com/Picture2.jpg

Picture4-3.jpg

http://www.picaroni.com/Picture4.jpg

I put links to my backup host below them for any one experiencing the problem

Nope, still red X's

This is from "River" at Photobucket Community Support....

On Tuesday afternoon, some users that typed in the Photobucket.com URL were temporarily redirected to an incorrect page due to an error in our DNS hosting services. The error was fixed within an hour of its discovery, but due to the nature of the problem, some users will not have access to Photobucket for a few hours as the fix rolls out. It is important to note that only a portion of Photobucket users encountered the problem and that no Photobucket content, password information or other personal information was affected by the redirect. ”

I tried all the suggested fixes, ie.

Flush your dns cache:
- Click on Start–> Programs –> Accessories –> Command Prompt.
- A little black command prompt opens. In it type: ipconfig /flushdns
- Hit return. You should see the lines: Windows IP Configuration. Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
- Try accessing Photobucket again.
- You might try to restart your computer, just in case.

Still redirected to atspace.com

Cheers, Don

No problems here. Used Photobucket all morning, it was SLOW, yes. But I can still access it.

Nope, still red X's

This is from "River" at Photobucket Community Support....

On Tuesday afternoon, some users that typed in the Photobucket.com URL were temporarily redirected to an incorrect page due to an error in our DNS hosting services. The error was fixed within an hour of its discovery, but due to the nature of the problem, some users will not have access to Photobucket for a few hours as the fix rolls out. It is important to note that only a portion of Photobucket users encountered the problem and that no Photobucket content, password information or other personal information was affected by the redirect. ”

I tried all the suggested fixes, ie.

Flush your dns cache:
- Click on Start–> Programs –> Accessories –> Command Prompt.
- A little black command prompt opens. In it type: ipconfig /flushdns
- Hit return. You should see the lines: Windows IP Configuration. Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
- Try accessing Photobucket again.
- You might try to restart your computer, just in case.

Still redirected to atspace.com

Cheers, Don

With my experience on PB's forum I do not put much faith in their replies.

The only ways you can get to the site before the DNS propagates would be to type in the IP directly or change your DNS servers to another IP that updates faster.

If the DNS was hacked and then reset, your domain servers have probably not been updated yet. It can take up to 72 hours. That would explain why some people can access it and you cannot.

I still can't access it. :(

Dreaded red X's everywhere. :thumbdown:

on a pet forum I´m one a couple people there had been having troubles too.... and yes, PB was hacked....

even one person had a perfectly working PB, suddenly she got logged off.. and when tried to log on again she couldn´t... she asked for her password and the one they sent was NOT the one she had chosen... so she logged in and changed it right away...

mine was working fine yesterday... today I haven´t checked

Most reactions

New Topics

Back