Photoclubs?

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just started a local meetup group for photography....
What do you do in your photoclub? activities, discussions?
thanks in advance.

We have speakers come and talk. People who have made a career of photography, from family buis to commercial. Or just someone in the group who knows about a certain field. We also choose a field in photography and practice it for the month. This month is Macro for us. A friendly competition is held on that subject and we vote on submitted pics. The winner is announced at our meeting. Our members also post upcoming events we could use as an opportunity to go shoot. Ex. tours of a historic part of town, bird watching at a preserve or war reenactment and so on. Also planned outings to state parks and things. I feel these types of groups are a key tool in the learning proses! Good luck with yours.

Our local club (meets once a month) starts each meeting with a competition -- both digital format and print. There's usually a theme chosen as well as a general category. Judges are invited. After the judging, the meeting usually has a guest speaker (or one of the club members with a specific interesting topic).

Additionally, there are regular field trip/photo shoots planned. Recently, the club started a class for beginners which is taught by the more experienced members.

This might give you some ideas:

Home Page

I just started a local meetup group for photography....
What do you do in your photoclub? activities, discussions?
thanks in advance.

Whatever the group decides that they'd like to do of course.

I'm part of some groups that basically just plan meetups, get models to show, and shoot. Others that do speakers and workshops. It all comes down to the group mentality.

Most reactions

Back