What's new

Photographic Cheating 101

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Take pictures of repeating objects with lots of colors... :lol:

Bolton%20Fair%202011%20-%20059.jpg


c/c welcome if desired.
 
How is that cheating? I think it's a great capture!

BTW, it's a bit flat and dull. I put an S into the curve and bumped the saturation up a bit.

BoltonFair2011-059.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
I dunno, I've always felt like the pattern of colors thing was a total cheat, even though it's cool. Maybe because it's always cool. :)

Nice edit! You totally made it pop. Thanks for doing that!
 
I dunno, I've always felt like the pattern of colors thing was a total cheat, even though it's cool. Maybe because it's always cool. :)

If that's cheating, I've never heard of it.

Nice edit! You totally made it pop. Thanks for doing that!

I accept PayPal.
fiufiu.gif
 
It's only cheating if you used Photoshop or un-natural light like a flash. ;)
I call it a good composition and a nice use of color.

Nice shot, regardless.
 
It's cheating because everyone will love it, but it says nothing, shows nothing, and doesn't even have a subject.

This is a laziest of the lazy shots -- and the bunny even made it of flowers, and flowers of any kind are among the lazy, easy ones!
 
IMO, this is not well composed because:

viewers' eyes are drawn by three things; bright lights, bright colors and things in focus.

We've got lots of those all mixed up here:
what's in focus isn't in bright colors or bright light
what has bright colors isn't in focus or in an important spot
there are lots of spots of bright light but none of them are on what is in focus or in the important spots
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #8
I think amolitor and traveler nailed it... but that also raises an interesting question... can you take the cheater shot, keep those kinds of things in mind and make it actually be a useful shot. I'm now going to have to try that.

Thanks, everyone for your comments.

Sparky... "check" is in the "mail". :)
 
This is not the image quality i expect from Manny. The presentation of flowers is such that viewers eye enter into the image from right bottom corner...and there every thing is OOF. I would prefer a receding OOF than middle focusing here... So i accept, you cheated me ;) that said, i like the colors and the subject :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom