Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...sometime in the coming months (haven't set a time yet) I will be photographing a family. They have two kids, around 5-7. I haven't done a family before...so I don't really have much in the way of seating/posing props, ect. Any tips for me? Any particular sort of props/seating I should look for?

Thanks in advance. :)

I cant really advice yah corry...but...my boss does familys all the time and this is what I like to notice..
They dont all have to look at the camera...you could have them looking at each other.

I saw one photo where the young child was sitting high above the others, and laughing, and a few of the family members where looking at him and laughing their heads off :D

I would try and use the children as center peices at the beggining...but thats just me...

Artemis said:
I cant really advice yah corry...but...my boss does familys all the time and this is what I like to notice..
They dont all have to look at the camera...you could have them looking at each other.

I saw one photo where the young child was sitting high above the others, and laughing, and a few of the family members where looking at him and laughing their heads off :D

I would try and use the children as center peices at the beggining...but thats just me...

I'm not really asking about that though, Arty...I'm not worried about that. I'm asking about props for posing/seating/ect. Thanks though.

I have seen some with the adults seated on something like a bench holding one child with the other ginning to the camera sitting on a stool in front of them slightly to one side

Ahh yeh sorry Corry, kinda skimmed your post...

Props like their fav stuff? e.g. boy playing guitar...I would have thought not to many props for a big family myself...

Artemis said:
Ahh yeh sorry Corry, kinda skimmed your post...

Props like their fav stuff? e.g. boy playing guitar...I would have thought not to many props for a big family myself...

Posing props, like seating.

Maybey something outdoors, Cory? Then you would have as much room as you need, and they could have freedom as well with posing as soforth.

elsaspet said:
Maybey something outdoors, Cory? Then you would have as much room as you need, and they could have freedom as well with posing as soforth.

If the weather was nicer, that's what I would prefer. However, it's nasty cold here. :( And I'd still want to do SOME in the studio. I like to do some in studio, and some outside.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back