Photographing a large event: HELP!

Another one bites the dust.

LiquidGrace said:
A bit of humiliation goes a long way.

A bit of HUMILITY?? LOL. Sorry the typo "a bit of humiliation goes a long way" cracked me up!!!!

Shutterfly, on the surface it appears that your riposte is not from practical experience but from the classroom. Nothing wrong with being an avid learner. However, from this forum and many others, field experience is slightly different. You are correct about the UV filter to a point, it was meant for film, not digital.

No one has been talking down to you, but most assuredly will if your responses are not tempered. Most of the responders thus far with valid input are a bit long in the tooth, as is yours truely. Absorbing years of experience and wisdom seems to be something you should really consider. Remember.... you asked the questions.

I do not appreciate your assessment of my comments. The comment of my teacher ws directed towards the one person I was in conversation with about flashes. It was in no way a "snoody" remark. It was simply an explaination of what I know and and have been taught and looking for advice about it. I was not getting upset, however I will not stand for someone talking down to me. I have to say I am extremely dissapointed with this forum and will be deleting my account after barely a couple of hours.

Maybe some of you should take your own advice and calm down a little bit. Learn to accept that not everyone is a proffessional. Speak to them as your equal, not your lesser.

I will be moving to a new form of forums and deletin my account from this site. I wish you all the best and that most of you learn to respect those around you.
Sigh .... It was not my intention to be 'rude'. I'm sorry if you felt I was. I will say I never said I was a professional, I said if I was one of the pros responding to that particular comment. In any case goodluck.

Last edited:
I think just about anyone that wasn't socially inept would agree that the way she was responded to at first was a bit too aggressive; especially related to the UV filter. There's really no way to take the tone other than that of being talked down to.

Not to mention the "celebration" after she said she was leaving... that's pretty pathetic.

Criticism is fine but saying "Girl" implying she's young and inexperienced along with very condescending was too much.

Some people on this forum need to lighten up...but others don't need to be suck d!cks.

things were taken a bit out of context on both sides of the fence. ive learned that allot of times people don't intend things to sound as harsh as they come out in a post. and to not get to bent out of shape about it. but you have to be willing to stick around for more then a day to find that out.

It's quite amusing to see how much effort is being put into such nonsense. Seriously. Pathetic people. Because I am removing myself from the situation, IM the bad guy. RIGHTTT. hahahahhaa

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ShutterFly said:
It's quite amusing to see how much effort is being put into such nonsense. Seriously. Pathetic people. Because I am removing myself from the situation, IM the bad guy. RIGHTTT. hahahahhaa

I thought you were already gone! Sheesh - nobody was THAT rude to you and you did get some helpful advice.

That's a bit childish, don't you think? And why are you still viewing this thread 25 minutes after ^^^ this entry was made? Seriously, check your attitude at the door and you'll be more than welcomed. Doesn't mean it won't be a rocky road, but eventually you'll learn to strap in the seat belt.

Jeeze, you would think that this was brain surgery.

Look. USE A FLASH like Mike said, don't worry about the UV filter like Mike said, and pretty much do it like Mike said.

Thank you and Amen.

Most reactions

Back